Latest post Thu, Jul 18 2019 9:39 AM by suzanne@bravissimo.no. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 18 2019 9:39 AM

Advice please, on import, export and transcoding formats in Media Composer

Advice on formats

Hi, I have a 1080/50p project. Raw data is AVCHD (.MTS) with data rate about 26586 kbps, which I link into AvId MC. I have a Sony NX3-camera.

When I transcode clips to be used in the final sequence, I hav just selected what MC suggested, which is AVC Long GOP 12. But that is maybe overkill and requires a lot of space?

When the sequence is ready I will export and encode  a) to a good mp4-file for use in Youtube or Vimeo, and b) to a high quality format to play from PC and show on a big screen using a data projector on a conference.

I don’t really understand what transcode quality really does; is it reduced quality compared to my raw data? How good – which format – should I transcode to – to have the possibility to get a good output again later?

Is QT reference files the best export choice and then use Sorensen Squeeze to make a nice mp4-file? (This is my normal work flow.)

Or should I use another export option – which - from Avid MC to create a a high quality file for the big screen? Or encode to something else using the QT Ref file?

I am really a dummy on this matter, so I would be  VERY grateful for advice on this matter! 😊

Filed under: , , ,
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller