Latest post Sat, Jul 20 2019 10:25 AM by Roger Shufflebottom. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jul 13 2019 11:14 PM

MC2019.6 - In Frame View, dragging clip to source monitor repositions them

Hello,

I tend to work in frame view and I also tend to work with sequences as my source (like for instance, a string of selects). Since double-clicking these sequences would load it into the record monitor, I have for a long time simply dragged these sequences into the source side. 

I've recently upgraded to v2019.6, and now when I drag a sequence into the source monitor, the thumbnail of the sequence repositions immediately to a spot that is in the vicinity of the source monitor itself--even if the bin is on the other side of the screen or positioned in a different monitor altogether. I then have to scroll the bin window to the location of the misplaced frame, and then drag it back. I have done this hundreds of times over the past couple days and it's driving me crazy.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any workarounds? Is there a keyboard shortcut that will load a selected clip into the source monitor? (This would actually be awesome--but I've never thought to look for one).

Thanks for any help.

• Sat, Jul 13 2019 11:52 PM In reply to

Re: MC2019.6 - In Frame View, dragging clip to source monitor repositions them

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jul 14 2019 12:13 AM In reply to

GAME CHANGER!

I have "Loop Selected Clips" mapped to SHFT+A now and I can already tell I will be kicking myself for the next 10 years not learning this 10 years ago!

Thanks!

• Sun, Jul 14 2019 1:16 AM In reply to

Glad it helps! 

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jul 14 2019 2:07 AM In reply to

• Cutyes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 14 2012
    • Berlin
    • Posts 102
    • Points 1,345

They need to fix it though. I don't know about others but in most cases I need the position bar to be where I had left it within the sequence, not at the beginning where "Loop Selected Clips" will make it jump to.

But thanks for the workaround, Telegram. :)

• Sun, Jul 14 2019 3:20 AM In reply to

Cutyes:
    I need the position bar to be where I had left it within the sequence, not at the beginning where "Loop Selected Clips" will make it jump to.

You're welcome.... and I had no idea the position bar was left in place, wow.Thanks.

So, I was checking  it out and I learned something else: when I Alt + Double-click on a sequence, and it loads the Sequence in a Pop-Up Monitor (based on my Settings), I found that I can actually SEE the Source Sequence in Timeline by using "Toggle Source/Record in Timeline" tool. It NEVER occurred to me that this was possible..... and kind of better than Loop Selected Clips if you need that Position Bar in place.

• Sat, Jul 20 2019 10:25 AM In reply to

Select clip - hit Return (I'm sure this has been mentioned).

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.13.6 with Symphony 2018.12, BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.13.6 with MC 2018.5 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller