Latest post Tue, Jul 9 2019 1:27 AM by BenTrinder. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 8 2019 12:45 AM

• BenTrinder
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 27 2012
    • Posts 8
    • Points 90

DNx185X Graphics - WRONG FORMAT error

Graphics elements (with Alpha channels) - DNx185X MXFs (made from imported MOVs) at 1080p25.
    Randomly start giving WRONG FORMAT in the record window, often with COMPRESSION NOT RECOGNIZED pop-ups.
    Media Composer 2018.11 and 2018.12.6 on Mac

Seemingly random behaviour, often triggered by switching from PAL25i to 1080i50 project formats.

Restarting usually fixes it, but not always.
    Affecting multiple clips and projects across different NEXIS systems.

Copying the media to new workspaces, rebuilding databases, new user settings - none of these make any difference.

The best workaround is to open the project and bin the clips were originally imported to after a fresh restart - the clips will then behave normally.
    Then open the sequence you have the problem with, and it will now work.

Can't find anything in the forums about it, nor find a permanent fix.
    Being so random, hard to log a case with Avid about it.

Has anyone seen this, and found a recipe to reproduce or better yet a permanent solution?

• Mon, Jul 8 2019 8:22 PM In reply to

Re: DNx185X Graphics - WRONG FORMAT error

I assume you imported the graphic files with the RLE option checked. Try to import it uncompressed. It helped in my case.

HTH

pixel

iMac Mid 2016 / High Sierra 10.13.6 / 32 GB RAM / MCA 2019.12 / MojoDX / Adobe CC 2018 / MBPro Mid 2015 / High Sierra 10.13.6 / 16 GB RAM / MC 2019.12... [view my complete system specs]

What is editing? It´s the process of transforming a collection of badly focussed or horribly framed shots containing reversed screen directions, flare and dirt into a smooth visual statement of the script... ... for which the director takes the credit!

• Tue, Jul 9 2019 1:27 AM In reply to

• BenTrinder
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 27 2012
    • Posts 8
    • Points 90

Re: DNx185X Graphics - WRONG FORMAT error

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately all the graphics with the issue are already UNCOMPRESSED alpha.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller