Latest post Wed, Jul 3 2019 9:10 PM by Robert A. Ober. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 2 2019 11:37 PM

• dmc33
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90

I'm tired. I'm an idiot. I freely admid it. I just want to stop the CTI

Hello:  OK. I just launched the new media composer.  The CTI returns to its playback origin when I hit the space bar to stop it.  What's the shortcut to have it behave "normaly"and stop in the timeline when you hit the space bar. Thanks.  Are there other changes to seemingly normal basic performance behaviors?  Thanks foe any help.  Dan.

Am I so hopelessly lost that nobody thinks this question warrents an answer or, have I stumbled into something where nobody knowes the simple answer?  There has to be a simple keyboaed shortcut "toggle" that determines the behavior of the CTI.

• Wed, Jul 3 2019 12:29 AM In reply to

Re: I'm tired. I'm an idiot. I freely admid it. I just want to stop the CTI

In your user settings go to the Timeline settings and then the Edit tab.  You can see a Position Bar Snap option there I believe this should not be checked.   The note says that checked theposition bar snap to nearest event or segment start. (checked on MC 2018.12.6 not the latest 2019.6)

Alayne

• Wed, Jul 3 2019 5:45 AM In reply to

dmc33:
      The CTI returns to its playback origin when I hit the space bar to stop it.  What's the shortcut to have it behave "normaly"and stop in the timeline when you hit the space bar.

There's not a setting that changes the behavior of the position indicator. It should just stay wherever it is when you stop playback, so something is wrong.

Are you using v2019.6? If you are, did you create a brand new user, or are you using an old user setting that you brought forward from an older version of Media Composer? If it's an old setting, try creating a new user and see if the problem persists.

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Jul 3 2019 9:10 PM In reply to

From the Help:

Position Bar Snap

When this option is selected, clicking in the Timeline will snap the position indicator to the nearest event, such as IN and OUT points, markers, and segment start and end points.

So what is CTI ?

Robert

2018 MacBook Pro,I7 2.6GHz/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 560X 4GB/500GB SSD/External RAID0/Mojave & MacPro Early 2009 24GB/GTX1080Ti/1GB SSD/HIT2TB/WD1TB/ProAvio... [view my complete system specs]

Robert A. Ober
    IT Consultant, Vidcaster, & Freelance Preditor(Producer/Editor)
    www.infohou.com
    Houston, TX

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller