Latest post Tue, Jun 25 2019 1:24 PM by Roger Shufflebottom. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 21 2019 11:30 PM

• John
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 23 2010
    • Miami, Florida
    • Posts 93
    • Points 1,150

AVID 2019.6 - effect Editing

Please Make the effect editor window populate with the current selected effect paramaters in it.  It goes blank when you move cursor off of effect and you have to choose your nect effect, then go and reclick "Effect" button (even though the effects editor is open).  Additionally, the effect editor should opn on top of other bins.

Imacpro 10C, 64Gig, R64 - Decklink Monitor [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jun 22 2019 3:39 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,606
    • Points 223,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: AVID 2019.6 - effect Editing

John

Passing this one along to the desgners

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Jun 24 2019 2:36 PM In reply to

• MikeyB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Edlesborough, UK
    • Posts 485
    • Points 6,030
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Moderator: Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Hi John,

Yes, we're in a sort of half-way house situation at the moment. In 2018.x and earlier clicking the timeline would have closed the Effect Editor, as really by doing so you are quitting Effect Mode and returning to Source/Record (Edit) Mode. 

So now in 2019.x the Effect Editor remains open - but you still quit Effects Mode. Although it may seem blindingly obvious to you that you should also remain in Effect Mode (I couldn't possibly comment...), it's quite a big deal for many long-term users. 

I'd be in favour of making this a User preference - in Timeline Settings, perhaps.

MacBook Pro 15" 2016 2.7GHz i7 Radeon 455 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 24 2019 4:01 PM In reply to

• John
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 23 2010
    • Miami, Florida
    • Posts 93
    • Points 1,150

Then make an option in the composer interface that automatically goes back to the previouse workspace when exiting effect mode, only effect workspace when effect mode active

Imacpro 10C, 64Gig, R64 - Decklink Monitor [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 24 2019 9:30 PM In reply to

Totally agree with John.  Previously, I press the Effect Mode button to quickly access the effect panel (which appears ON TOP OF my source monitor) and make adjustments to my effect.  Then I hit my ESC key to make the effect panel disappear and continue editing.

This is a completely different process than using the Effects Workspace, which you must configure to match the Edit workspace.  (why you can't copy and paste Workspaces is an issue itself)  Toggling between these two Workspaces causes screen redraw and takes away precious seconds.

MacPro 2x2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon / 64 Gig RAM / OS 10.11.6 / MC 2018.3, Symphony, PhraseFind, ScriptSync, BCC 8 AVX; Mocha [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 25 2019 1:24 PM In reply to

I hadn't spotted that until just now. That's how NewsCutter works (or worked - it's been a while). This will help my students a bit ("where has the *** Effect Editor gone?") but Mike's suggestion is good.

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.13.6 with Symphony 2018.12, BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.13.6 with MC 2018.5 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller