Latest post Mon, Jun 24 2019 9:16 PM by Garrett King. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 21 2019 5:25 PM

• Garrett King
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 5 2013
    • New York City, NY
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Confused [*-)] Exception: Sequence refers to non-existent track in clip. Please turn off monitoring and re-edit references to the following clip.

Hello,

I've seen this error posted before, but nothing dealing with this example. I'm having an issue with audio files received from a popular music licensing company a few months ago, before I started on this job. They delivered Avid projects that have been meticulously logged along with Avid MediaFiles folders on an external hard drive. It looks like the media was consolidated to our server from the hard drive.

Everything plays fine until trying to export an AAF containing any of these music tracks. It doesn't want to find the media for the "A2" audio track. While playing back from the server, it is reading both MXF files, because it is playing back in stereo and I'm able to reveal both files.

Looking at the MXF files that are revealed, they all say "A1", so there are no MXF files that actually contain "A2" in the name, even though it is reading 2 MXF files.

Here is an example of what an A1 and A2 track name looks like when the files are revealed:

CRAZY_TRAIN_A01.5C755C758CFDA.mxf 

CRAZY_TRAIN_A01.5C758CFDA.1.mxf

I've tried rebuilding data bases. I've also tried relinking the clips on our server to the original hard drive, and it will not read the A2 on there either. However, when I open up the original bins, linked to the original media files on the hard drive, the AAF exports work just fine. Another thing I tried was connecting the hard drive and all workspaces and then relinking to all drives. This almost seemed like it was working, because it would link one track to the server and the other track to the hard drive. I did one successful AAF export doing it this way, but have been unable to replicate it again, maybe I just got lucky once. I've also tried consolidating the clips on our server to create new media files and .old clips, thus relinking the clips that already exist in sequences the newly created MXF files, this was also a fail, always receiving the same errors.

I do not know if it is possible, but I'm trying to find a solution to replace the tracks on our server and be able to relink all sequences that have already used these files over the past 4 months or so. There are about 2600 tracks that seem to be effected.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY SUGGESTIONS!!!

I've copied the errors from the console below...

First I get...

"-------- Import error log start --------

Error importing media for 'CRAZY_TRAIN_INSTRUMENTAL.new.02'. Error: 'omfiImportMedia - fileMob not found in masterMob.'

--------- Import error log end ---------"

Shortly after I also get this...

"Exception:

@ Fri Jun 21 11:46:18 2019

* Exception: Sequence refers to non-existent track in clip.

Please turn off monitoring and re-edit references to the following clip.

You may then re-enable monitoring.

, clip:CRAZY_TRAIN_INSTRUMENTAL.aaf, missingTrack:A2

BuildPipes Concurrency Alert - BuildPipes starting with BuildPipes in progress!"

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information that could help solve this. 

Avid Media Composer Version 8.9.3.47085 Avid NEXIS | PRO Version 18.8.1.14 Window 7 Professional HP z420 Workstation Intel Xeon CPU ES-1650 v2 @3.50GHz... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jun 22 2019 3:44 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,621
    • Points 223,390
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Exception: Sequence refers to non-existent track in clip. Please turn off monitoring and re-edit references to the following clip.

Garret 

A few users have seen this in the past.....    

If you look above your record monitor, and check out the timecodes visible for each video/audio track, do you see one of the tracks labeled with a "?" .  

If so, than simply loaded the bad sequence in the source side, and a blank sequence in the record side, and edited each "stable" track to a new track on the new sequence. Renamed the sequence with a Version 2, and used it for your new master sequence. 

HTH

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Jun 24 2019 9:16 PM In reply to

• Garrett King
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 5 2013
    • New York City, NY
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: Exception: Sequence refers to non-existent track in clip. Please turn off monitoring and re-edit references to the following clip.

Thank you for the reply Marianna,

This is happening with audio clips, weather they are in a sequence or not. When I look at the audio track timecode, it A1 shows me proper TC and A2 only shows the Frm counter and doesn't give me a proper timecode reading. Our work-around for now has been to copy A1 to A2 in the sequences to be able to output our AAFs, but since these are music tracks we are losing the stereo audio by doing this.

Avid Media Composer Version 8.9.3.47085 Avid NEXIS | PRO Version 18.8.1.14 Window 7 Professional HP z420 Workstation Intel Xeon CPU ES-1650 v2 @3.50GHz... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller