Latest post Fri, Jul 19 2019 1:50 PM by RalphC. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 19 2019 3:26 PM

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,736
    • Points 224,820
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Idea [I] Avid changes with our e-commerce payment processing partner.

Hello everyone,

I have been receiving emails from users asking about a recent email regarding our e-commerce changes....   here is the scoop.

Some of you have started receiving emails about a change coming at Avid with our e-commerce payment processing partner. These are not spam or fraudulent emails and for certain regions of the world, there is a required action to opt-in.

Some quick detail: On or just after July 11, 2019, Avid will be changing our Merchant of Record partner for e-commerce transactions from Arvato to Digital River.  The consent in the email you may receive, is for Arvato to transfer your fully encrypted subscription information to Digital River, including credit card number, expiration date, cardholder name, and subscription ID. 

The most important part:

In order to ensure a seamless transfer of services and continued use of your software subscription, for EMEA and APAC customers, we kindly ask you to give us your consent by choosing to opt-in when you receive this email.   

For customers in America's, no action is necessary. While, you might have received an email titled being "Action Required",  the body copy says “Don't worry—we've got you covered. No action is needed from you in order to continue enjoying your Avid subscription!”   

The AMERICA emails are just a notification and the EMEA/APAC emails are much longer, they have specific subscription information (personalized) and opt-in buttons

Questions, let me know.

Thank you and I apologize for any cuase for concern this may have caused.  

EMEA and APAC Subscription users, please act before July 11, 2019.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Jun 20 2019 8:01 AM In reply to

• gswilson
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 4 2010
    • Belfast, Ireland - now, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
    • Posts 328
    • Points 4,300

Re: Avid changes with our e-commerce payment processing partner.

I only discovered the email in my Spam folder after reading this post - great choice of subject title Avid. No

Question. I haven't made any renewable purchases using Arvato for several years, I purchase the updates through an Avid dealer. I do not, nor do I intend to, borrow, rent or join any subscription plan with Avid and because of this I don't see any requirement to give Digital River any information regarding my dealings with Avid.

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong on this point. Geeked

Gerry

MC 2019.6, Win 10 Pro(1809), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080Ti GPU(Driver 417.35),Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 20 2019 8:43 AM In reply to

• BenoitM
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Brussels, Belgium
    • Posts 1,228
    • Points 14,715

@Marianna,

I'm in EMEA and considering an early renewal of my plan to get a bit of air before the 33% price increase....

Should I do the renewal first, THEN opt-in for the partner change, or the other way around ? Taking into account the deadline for the early renewal of course...

MC 2018.12.7 (+Symphony)/BCC2019 12.5.2/RED 5.6; BlackMagic Ultrastudio Mini Monitor+Recorder (11.4); DELL Precision 5530 - Intel Core i7-8850H 2.6 GHz... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 20 2019 12:32 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,736
    • Points 224,820
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

BeniotM

email me your MY Avid and system ID so I can make sure you do and get the correct plan.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Jun 20 2019 12:36 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,736
    • Points 224,820
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Gerry,

If you purchase thrugh your reseller then no need to opt in.  You are correct.

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Thu, Jun 20 2019 2:08 PM In reply to

• gswilson
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 4 2010
    • Belfast, Ireland - now, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
    • Posts 328
    • Points 4,300

Thank you for the quick answer Marianna.

Gerry

MC 2019.6, Win 10 Pro(1809), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080Ti GPU(Driver 417.35),Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 20 2019 2:57 PM In reply to

I am optimistic about this change.   The current payment processing vendor was not good.  Double charging credit cards, mischarging and then charging again 6 months later.   Hopefully, the new vendor was brought in to fix those issues.

MC 2018.12.3 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Fri, Jul 5 2019 4:01 PM In reply to

• BenQ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 8 2008
    • Berlin
    • Posts 36
    • Points 540

Hi Marianna,

I am sorry, I'm really getting confused about this thing, being in holidays in France at the moment with very bad internet connection Sad After sorting out that it's no spam nor fishing I did the Opt-In and I thought I would be able to extend my perpetual license until the 11th. Now it looks like I have missed the date. My main question is: I am using a dongle for many years now and I wouldn't want to change that. But is it mandatory to stay perpetual for using a dongle? 

Best wishes 
    Benjamin

HP Z840 2xE5-2660v3 10C@2,6 Quadro M4000 8x8GB Ram Windows 7 64pro MC 8.5.3 MOJO DX HP XW8600 2x3GhzQuad 16GB QuadroFx3700 Windows 7 64pro... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 9 2019 10:00 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,736
    • Points 224,820
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

BenQ:

Hi Marianna,

I am sorry, I'm really getting confused about this thing, being in holidays in France at the moment with very bad internet connection Sad After sorting out that it's no spam nor fishing I did the Opt-In and I thought I would be able to extend my perpetual license until the 11th. Now it looks like I have missed the date. My main question is: I am using a dongle for many years now and I wouldn't want to change that. But is it mandatory to stay perpetual for using a dongle? 

Best wishes 
    Benjamin

Hey Ben

I was out and just back yesterday - catch up mode.

Can you email me directly and provide the system ID for me.  I will help you out and get it back on track with the dongle.

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Thu, Jul 18 2019 9:43 AM In reply to

• derDoyle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 18 2015
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 113
    • Points 1,370

Got the mail today and choosed Opt-In. So far so good.

But in my account are now listed all Ultimate Subscriptions with "Provide Payment Details" in a red box.

I did this for one, choosed PayPal and had to pay 1,19€. The Subscription I did this for is still listed.

Do I have to do this with all listed Subscrioions and pay for every one?

Doyle

Clients: MacPro6.1 (2013 "Trashcan"), 3,5GHz 6-Core, 16GB (1866) RAM, AMD FirePro D500, 256GB SSD, macOS 10.13.6, Avid MediaComposer 2018.12... [view my complete system specs]

Passionate In-House Avid Support

Admin of the German Avid Community on Facebook

• Thu, Jul 18 2019 2:04 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,017
    • Points 22,290
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hello Doyle,

Let me check this with our Webstore team standby. By the way, the $1 pre-authorization and will be released from pre-authorization automatically. Rest assured that this transaction will not be posted to your card/bank statement and this is just so we can capture their payment details and transfer it to Digital River.

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 18 2019 3:19 PM In reply to

• Mark Reed
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 13 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

You say 'America' and 'Americas'.  Including Canada, Central, and South America?  I'm in Canada.  I've received one email sayinig you've got me covered and another one saying you want me to provide my account into. Which is it?

• Thu, Jul 18 2019 4:05 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,736
    • Points 224,820
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hi Mark

I believe you received 2 emails because there are 2 products in your MyAvid.  

Sibelius | Ultimate ( this one needs payment update ) and an older Sibelius 7.5 Upgrade from Sibelius 7 ( this one does not ).

When we say "America's - we mean USA, Canada and the ones you mentioned.   

Log in to your MyAvid and select Sibelius | Ultimate and you will see payment info is needed.

HTH and sorry for the confusion.

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Thu, Jul 18 2019 4:25 PM In reply to

• Mark Reed
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 13 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Thanks, Marianna.  I'll try that later today and see how it goes.

• Thu, Jul 18 2019 5:35 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,017
    • Points 22,290
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hi Doyle,

Only once is sufficient and payment is updated and applied onto to all subscriptions.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller