Latest post Fri, Sep 20 2019 11:04 AM by Paul Ingvarsson. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 6 2019 5:44 PM

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,267
    • Points 231,935
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

MediaCentral | Editorial Management Out Today 6.6.19

MediaCentral | Editorial Management

Avid MediaCentral | Editorial Management is an easy to use workflow management system that’s designed for small to mid-size creative teams using Avid NEXIS shared storage with Avid Media Composer.

Leveraging the collaborative power of Avid Media Composer’s shared bins and projects, users can search, view media, create sequences and pass these directly to Media Composer bins remotely using an intuitive browser-based interface.
    Additionally, the Editorial Management panel in Media Composer expands search capabilities to all media stored on Avid NEXIS with an option for phonetic search.

Check out the FAQ here:   http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/Media-Central-Editorial-Management

Questins, let me or Raff know

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Fri, Aug 2 2019 12:37 PM In reply to

Re: MediaCentral | Editorial Management Out Today 6.6.19

...would be good to use but when you share the projects folder on the Nexis workspace, ALL media in ALL projects is visibile to ALL users via remote web interface.  Not secure.

MC/SN 2018.6+7+8+9+12 x 16 Z400/420/440/800/820 PC's on W7/10 x64. 3 x Mac, 4 x PT 2019.12 HDX, S6 , X-MON, all on PCs. NEXIS E4 & ISIS 5000 X... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 20 2019 11:04 AM In reply to

Re: MediaCentral | Editorial Management Out Today 6.6.19

Hi Marianna,

I was wondering if you can help answer something for me. 

We are about to set up a new Nexis system at our facility with the intention of making Editorial management available for some clients/ projects.

For our current set-up we have all avid projects on one Nexis partition (whch we run an automated backup of every night in a seperate location to the nexis, in case of fires etc).

Through watching some Editorial Manager tutorials it seems that the projects have been kept on the same partition as the media - which is how media is accesed through bins.

Is there a way that clients accessing Editorial Manager can access bins in one partition linking to media in another partition or will we have to change our workflow so that every project has it's media and avid project in the same partiton. 

Thanks!

PC MAC ISIS Z800 Z400 MacPro MC / DS / Resolve [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller