Latest post Wed, Jun 5 2019 4:23 PM by Marianna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 4 2019 10:19 AM

2018.3 (also 2018.5): H264 export takes forever, creates a 48 byte file

Gidday all,

My trusty 1080p H264 export preset suddenly broke; exports are taking an infinite amount of time (it gradually increases, staying ahead of the time passed), and the only file created is always 48 bytes long.

The processor is busy, Avid and QT are chugging away, the source drive is being read from... but nothing eventuates.

I am googling completely fruitlessly so far... does anyone recognise this at all?

ANY suggestions welcome at this point!

Tony

MC 8.3.1 Windows 7 intel i7 3930k nvidia quadro k4200 32gb ddr corsair ram (4x8gb DIMMs) 128gb Samsung 840 sata3 ssd (system) 4*2tb western digital... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 5 2019 4:23 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,621
    • Points 223,390
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: 2018.3 (also 2018.5): H264 export takes forever, creates a 48 byte file

Tony

Sounds like the preset got hosed....  Can you save a new one?

1. Going to your Project panel and selecting the Settings tab.
    2. Right-click Export and choose Duplicate.
    3. Name your preset appropriately.

You could try "deleting" the site settings and/or user settings files by moving them to another location to see if that makes any difference.  If that doesn't do it, it's doubtful that a uninstall and reinstall will make any difference either. displaying user settings in the project window, go to File>Open setting file, and you can navigate to and open any user profile on the system and copy specific settings parameters into your profile by simply highlighting them and dragging them from the settings.avs window that opens up into your user profile. If that doesnt work then I would contact support.... Marianna
    Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller