Latest post Tue, Apr 16 2019 1:31 PM by soimn_htarl. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 9 2019 10:09 AM

Tiger Spaces Problem / Bin's always locked

Hi there,

I've got a problem with the shared storage solution from Tiger Systems. Maybe somebody on here uses it too and can help me out with some tipps.

Since a couple weeks we got the tiger solution installed at our office. All the Apple computers seem to work just fine with it, it's just my Windows wich seems to have Problems with it.

The Problem is that I can't open Bin's from an excisting Workspace/Project. When I copy a Bin from another project, MC always tells me the Bin is locked and thet I'd have to save it under a different name bevore closing it.

Even when I generate a new Workspace in Tiger Spaces, using a Template Project I created bevore, I have the same Problem.

I allways have to go into the project folder to delete the .lck file there, then it would work, but I'd have to do that every time I open the Project and thats just annoying.

I activated avid bin locking in MC and also in the options for the workspaces in Tiger Spaces, so I can't see why it is not working.

My MC Version is Avid 2018.12,3 btw.
    I'd be really greatful for any Tipps since I cant find anything on the web about this and I really do not want to switch on to a Mac since I hate the MC surface on there hehe.

Please apologize for my english, I really tried my best.

regards 

Simon

• Tue, Apr 9 2019 3:31 PM In reply to

Re: Tiger Spaces Problem / Bin's always locked

It's a Mac thing...  For us, sometines the only solution is to reboot ALL the Macs on the network.  Even if they are not AVID's.  

joe

• Tue, Apr 9 2019 8:10 PM In reply to

• AntCaladine
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 11 2007
    • Stourbridge, UK
    • Posts 354
    • Points 4,465

In your workspace on tiger store, is it set to avid bin locking not single

write?

2x HP Z8 G4, 96GB ram, Win10 Pro 64bit, Nvidia Quadro P4000 8GB AMC 2019.6 1x HP Z820 16GB ram, Win10 Pro 64bit, Nvidia Quadro 4000 AMC 2018.12.6 2x... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 10 2019 8:11 AM In reply to

All Workspaces have been set to bin-locking.

• Wed, Apr 10 2019 8:15 AM In reply to

Thank you for your quick response but I dont think it's that.

I am on a Windows and it has been like that since we are using the tiger system.

• Wed, Apr 10 2019 2:13 PM In reply to

• AntCaladine
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Stourbridge, UK
    • Posts 354
    • Points 4,465

Im on windows too.

Have you checked in avid, under settings tab, general, that enable bin sharing on 3rd party is ticked

2x HP Z8 G4, 96GB ram, Win10 Pro 64bit, Nvidia Quadro P4000 8GB AMC 2019.6 1x HP Z820 16GB ram, Win10 Pro 64bit, Nvidia Quadro 4000 AMC 2018.12.6 2x... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 10 2019 2:17 PM In reply to

AntCaladine:

Im on windows too.

Sorry. I was reffering to Joe's post.

AntCaladine:

Have you checked in avid, under settings tab, general, that enable bin sharing on 3rd party is ticked

3rd Party Bin-Sharign also is activated.

• Wed, Apr 10 2019 8:09 PM In reply to

• AntCaladine
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Stourbridge, UK
    • Posts 354
    • Points 4,465

Have you emailed tiger support about it. They’ve always been very helpful for me when needed. They’ll team viewer in. Watch what your doing and fix in front of you

• Thu, Apr 11 2019 8:29 AM In reply to

AntCaladine:

Have you emailed tiger support about it. They’ve always been very helpful for me when needed. They’ll team viewer in. Watch what your doing and fix in front of you

Thanks, I'll try that now.

I was thinking theyre propably not supporting Avid problems since they are only offering the storage solution.

• Thu, Apr 11 2019 2:40 PM In reply to

AntCaladine:

So the Tiger support told me it has to be a Avid specific Problem, since the process of bin-locking has nothing to do with they're Software.

I guess I'll have to wait for Avid to response to my Case at the Support Center.

• Fri, Apr 12 2019 1:05 AM In reply to

if you create a new workspace with only one Windows client having access to it, create a new project and create bins, does it still do the same thing?

let me know

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 12 2019 3:55 PM In reply to

What version of TigerSTORE are you using? 2.7.3 or 2.9.0?

Are you using ProjectSTORE to create/mount partitions?

We were using TigerSTORE with ProjectSTORE. Tiger removed Avid's ability to work at 2.9.0 without upgrading to their other products. This was not stated in the ReadMe or product information.

The two problems we faced: All bins were permanently locked. Even if you could open a project (locally), Avid could not see the Tiger-created partitions for writing media. But COULD seem them in the Media Tool. Tiger intentionally disabled this Avid functionality.

Perhaps in their doing so, there is some spill-over problems to other non-ProjectSTORE products.

We find their tech support to be very engaging and quick to respond. They have a good team over there.

Marc

Windows 10 Enterprise - Dell Precision 7810 - 32GB RAM - DNxIO - Nvidia Quadro M5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 16 2019 1:31 PM In reply to

So today Tiger Support reached ot to me again and they tried some things via Teamview on my Computer/on the Shared Volume.
    They found out it has something to do with the read/write settings on the shared volume.

I'll post a summary of the Problem/Solution on here the nex days.

I totally agree, Tiger supports theyre customers pretty well!

Thanks a lot for your efforts guys!

Regards

Simon

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller