Latest post Mon, Apr 1 2019 12:24 PM by MikeyB. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Mar 31 2019 11:38 PM

Opening multiple files into source monitor

I've wondered about this for a while, just realized I could just ask people here!

Why is there a function to open multiple files at once? 

I can select multiple clips and Avid will either open them in rapid succession in the Source monitor, or it'll ask me if I really want to open those 100 files.  

What use case is there for this?  I have never been able to figure out why this option exists, and why it just isn't coded out.  

Thanks!

• Mon, Apr 1 2019 12:24 PM In reply to

• MikeyB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Edlesborough, UK
    • Posts 485
    • Points 6,030
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Moderator: Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Re: Opening multiple files into source monitor

The idea is that you can load, say, 5 or 10 clips from a bin into the Source Monitor, and thereafter access them via the Monitor's clip menu (click the name of the clip that's displayed) rather than needing to return to the bin every time. What's more, you can still access those clips even after the Bin they came from has been closed (don't worry if the monitor goes black, the menu contents are still there).

As to why it allows you to attempt to load more than 20 clips (the menu limit), I have no idea. It should surely say something like 'only the first 20 of 100 will be loaded...'

MacBook Pro 15" 2016 2.7GHz i7 Radeon 455 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller