Latest post Sun, Mar 24 2019 7:06 PM by camoscato. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Mar 24 2019 4:08 PM

• Simon_h
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 20 2011
    • Cambridge, UK
    • Posts 85
    • Points 1,080

Urgent: Can't reactivate following upgrade - Avid broken

After upgrading to the latest Avid Media Composer yesterday I can no longer open Avid.  When I tried to restart after upgrade it said something about my licence being invalid (can't remember now exactly)

I tried the trick of deactivating and reactivating but now I can't reactivate at all.  When I put my valid system ID and activation ID it gives me "Activation Failed - System ID does not mtach System ID etc

I've uninstalled/reinstalled Avid Link and Media Composer - still same problem.

I've contacted support who still haven't given me a solution.

I know it's Sunday, but I've got to finish an edit.

Is there anyone there who can help me?

Thanks

Simon

AVID 2019.12 on HP Z820 MT XEON, 2GhZ, 32GB, Windows 10, Nvidia Quadro 2000, Crucial SSD Hard Drive with several WD Blacks for media. TMPGEnc 7 for encoding... [view my complete system specs]

New Template
  • Sun, Mar 24 2019 4:25 PM In reply to

Re: Urgent: Can't reactivate following upgrade - Avid broken

Is trial mode available? If so, you could use that. It's fully functional and lasts for 30 days.

As for the activation issue, send an email to Marianna Montague (marianna.montague@avid.com) and Raff Condalor (raff.condalor@avid.com).  They are Avid's customer advocates, and can help you.

Media Composer 2020.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Mar 24 2019 4:31 PM In reply to

• Simon_h
    • Not Ranked
    • Cambridge, UK
    • Posts 85
    • Points 1,080

Thanks camoscato.  The trial mode isn't available to me presumably because I've used it up.  I'll try emailing the people you suggested.

AVID 2019.12 on HP Z820 MT XEON, 2GhZ, 32GB, Windows 10, Nvidia Quadro 2000, Crucial SSD Hard Drive with several WD Blacks for media. TMPGEnc 7 for encoding... [view my complete system specs]

New Template
  • Sun, Mar 24 2019 6:06 PM In reply to

• Simon_h
    • Not Ranked
    • Cambridge, UK
    • Posts 85
    • Points 1,080

For anyone looking for a solution to this problem, I have managed to get Avid working by deleting the latest Avid and Avid Link then reinstalling the earlier version along with Application Manager.  Used Application Manager to successfully activate Media Composer..   Application Manager was already pre-filled with the correct ID's when I opened it!   10 points to haters of the all-new Avid Link!

Four hours of messing around to complete a 15 minute edit....   I've had worse days I suppose...  :)

New Template
  • Sun, Mar 24 2019 7:06 PM In reply to

I'm glad you got it working, and thanks for posting the solution.

Media Composer 2020.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller