Latest post Wed, Mar 13 2019 2:33 PM by secondwindcreative. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 12 2019 9:54 PM

Problem with PhraseFind and Indexing

I am new to AMC and have been given a project from another editor. I will be making selects and rough outlines then delivering back to the lead editor.

I first installed 2018.12.1, but was informed that PhraseFind is broken and i would need to roll back to 2018.12. I did that and PhraseFind is now activated, BUT I am have a problem where it will not index the files. I contacted support and they gave me several solutions to try -

- Delete SearchData Folder and reopen, stop indexing, restart indexing,

- Create a new project, copy over bins and try from there

No luck so far. 

I have somehow managed to get it to index one interview. There are two .pat files in the PhoeneticData folder. Another note.. the one interview that does show results in PhraseFind was one I shot last week and imported. Does anyone know any solutions to Index the entire project so I can begin using PhraseFind from every interview?

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 2.0px 6.0px; line-height: 20.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #000000; color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85)}

[Case : 03666384]

• Wed, Mar 13 2019 2:33 PM In reply to

Re: Problem with PhraseFind and Indexing

Example, I can get it to index this one interview for some reason, but not the rest of the project. I have opened other bins and interviews. Nothing happening. The PhraseFind Index stays half green.

• Wed, Mar 13 2019 3:01 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,151
    • Points 217,275
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Problem with PhraseFind and Indexing

Are there by chance - Sequences in the project?  Why is ask is that PhraseFind PhraseFind does not index and return Sequences at this time.

PhraseFind indexes any bin with online media, including AMA bins, shared bins, or bins that show up under the Other Bins list.

What I would do is this......

In the Project folder, you have a folder called SearchData which contains a file called _SearchDB_.

This file is the database created by Find when it indexes the bins of your project. If you have PhraseFind installed, you will also see a folder called PhoneticData which contains a number of files with a .pat extension; these files contain the phonetic information for each of the audio clips within your project.  One .pat file will be created per clip.

I would delete the SearchData and PhoneticData folders from your Project folder that is suspect. Note that you can only delete these folders  when your editing application is not running.

The next time you launch your editing application, Find will then re-index all of the bins within your project.

Report back.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller