Latest post Fri, Mar 1 2019 8:07 PM by Terry Snyder. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 1 2019 3:41 PM

Sharing Color Correction & Effects

I did some color correcting for a colleague.  He had sent me some sample clips, which I'd imported into my system and then did the color correcting.  Now I want to send him the CC effect so he can apply it to the rest of the footage in his system.  I know how to save an effect to a bin on my system, but how can I send it to someone working on another Avid? We're not using shared media drives. 

Thanks,

MC 2018.12.3 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Fri, Mar 1 2019 4:18 PM In reply to

Re: Sharing Color Correction & Effects

Terry,

Just send him the bin with the CC effect in it.

Symphony 7.06 OS 10.9.5 QT 7.6.3 Mac Pro 2x2.66 6-core 32GB Ram Aja Kona Lhi. MC 7.0.6 OS 10.9.5 Mac Pro 5.1 2x2.97 6-core 32GB ram Aja I/O express, Apple... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 1 2019 5:23 PM In reply to

I'm an old dog who has always worked on solo projects on a single system.   Sorry for sounding stupid, but how do I send a bin. 

MC 2018.12.3 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Fri, Mar 1 2019 6:30 PM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,443
    • Points 17,810

With all your great advice here I'm shocked you don't know this.

C:/Users/username/Documents/Avid Projects/

Burrow into the correct project folder and find the bin with the effect (it will have the same name as the bin in Avid with an .avb extension)   Email it as an attachment.

• Fri, Mar 1 2019 6:50 PM In reply to

Hi, I would suggest to do this.

Save Bin Copy as.

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 5.5.3. PC. WINDOWS 7, SP1. 64BIT OPERATING SYSTEM. QUICK TIME VERSION 7.6.9. [view my complete system specs]

Christian Jhonson

Avid Ambassador                                 

christianjhonsoon@hotmail.com

• Fri, Mar 1 2019 8:03 PM In reply to

Thanks for all the responses. 

• Fri, Mar 1 2019 8:07 PM In reply to

smrpix:
    With all your great advice here I'm shocked you don't know this.

I'm a "one man band" with a single Avid system.   I mainly cut what I shoot and don't often collaborate with others.   Maybe I need to get out more... :-)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller