Latest post Mon, Feb 25 2019 1:51 PM by stewart. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 25 2019 3:40 AM

• stewart
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • shevin
    • Posts 9
    • Points 105

Effect Editor disappears

The Effect Editor disappears whenever I click out of it. Also I cannot hear audio while I'm in the Effect Editor window. So I can't easily insert keyframes that coincide with audio cues.

Am I missing a something? Is there a preference to keep the Effect Editor as a constant tab? I would think this is something all Media Composer users would want.

I am returning to Avid after working in Premiere for a number of years, so I am rusty.

Mac Pro 2013 10.12.6 Media Composer 2018.11.0 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Mon, Feb 25 2019 1:25 PM In reply to

• MikeyB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Edlesborough, UK
    • Posts 482
    • Points 5,975
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Moderator: Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Re: Effect Editor disappears

Hi,

I assume you mean that the Effect Editor closes if you click the Timecode track in the timeline? 

This is "as designed" - clicking the Timecode track takes you back to Source/Record mode from Effects mode, or Trim mode, or cancels segment selections.

So it's because Media Composer treats Effects working as a separate "Mode" of operation. As soon as the Effect Editor is opened, you're in Effects Mode (check out the Mode buttons under the Overwrite and Insert Edit buttons in the Composer window). 

You can move within the clip you're working on without quitting Effects Mode by dragging the blue position bar under the Record Monitor. And you can jump from segment to segment (and therefore effect to effect) by clicking directly on them in the timeline. 

MacBook Pro 15" 2016 2.7GHz i7 Radeon 455 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 25 2019 1:51 PM In reply to

• stewart
    • Not Ranked
    • shevin
    • Posts 9
    • Points 105

Re: Effect Editor disappears

Thanks for sending. I am used to going to Trim Mode for trimming.  Your post made me aware of the need to proactively going into Effects Mode for effects work. I had gotten used to Premiere which is more intuitive for this; click on a clip that has an effect, and the Effect Editor opens. Take care,

Stewart

Mac Pro 2013 10.12.6 Media Composer 2018.11.0 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller