Latest post Sat, Jan 12 2019 1:25 PM by RalphC. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 11 2019 10:38 PM

• BrettG
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Feb 18 2012
    • Posts 38
    • Points 555

Question about transferring a USA Avid licensed dongle to another country

Hello,

We are currently running three Avid annual subscription licenses tied to individual dongles. We would like to take one of those dongles for use on another Avid system in Europe. My questions for the license transfer are:

1.) Is there anything prohibiting a USA licensed Avid dongle to work on another Avid system in Europe? And...

2.) Must I disassociate the USA dongle from its system I.D. in the USA? in order to associate it with another Avid system elsewhere?

I apologize if these are basic licensing questions... we have just never had to really move the dongles around until now.

Thanks for any help!

• Sat, Jan 12 2019 1:25 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,762
    • Points 19,420
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Question about transferring a USA Avid licensed dongle to another country

Hi BrettG,

I'm not aware of any restriction or I haven't encountered one, we have the FAQ on the transfer of ownership here.

But it doesn't say you cannot use your own Dongle/license outside of USA.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller