Latest post Fri, Jan 11 2019 5:36 PM by Terry Snyder. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jan 6 2019 11:12 PM

BCC Page Curl

Working with the new continuum 2019 and I can't figure out how to apply the page curl.  The old page curl effect was applied across the cut.  Apparently, this new version will only apply to one side or the other, and I need to stack the layers to get it to display the layer below when the page is turned.   I must be missing something?

MC 2018.4 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system drive... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Mon, Jan 7 2019 1:42 AM In reply to

Re: BCC Page Curl

Even more frustrating...   I opened a project that had a BCC page turn effect back from BCC 8.   I tried to drop that same saved effect I've used hundreds of times in the past and it won't drop onto a cut at the transition. 

What I am trying to do is very simple.  I want to drop a page turn between shots to create a photo album effect.   With this new version, it seems you have to stack one shot overlapping the other at the transition.  With a series of page turns in a row, this can lead to multiple layers very quickly.   The old effect was simply dropped on the transition at the cut point.   There must be an easy way to do this but I haven't been able to figure it out.  Embarrassed

MC 2018.4 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system drive... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Fri, Jan 11 2019 5:36 PM In reply to

Re: BCC Page Curl

Can anybody point me to a tutorial on how to use the new page curl?   The old one was so easy, but this one is very different.  Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller