Latest post Wed, Sep 2 2020 4:18 PM by Vilem. 152 replies.
Page 6 of 11 (153 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 13 2020 8:24 PM In reply to

• Vilem
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 10 2010
    • Prague
    • Posts 1,423
    • Points 15,660

Re: Avid Titler+ - The good, the not-so-good and the ugly...

Terry Snyder:
    Please Avid, just give us the old reliable TT and Marquee in 4K!

+1

AVID MC2020.08, HP Z620 - 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2620, Quadro P2000 - driver 442.50, RAM 48GB - DDR3, BM Intensity Pro 4k - 10.11, W10 - 64bit Professional... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jul 13 2020 8:41 PM In reply to

• CinéMatica
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 24 2014
    • Belgium | Europe
    • Posts 190
    • Points 2,220

jcmcnamee:

I think the controlls really need to be either all in that Titler+ window that pops up or in the Effect Editor. Having the functionality in both places is really hard to use and confusing and cluttered.

Absolutely! Impossible to understand that these simple align functions are not present in the Titler+ window.

(Avid 1) HP Z840 | 2x 18 Core Intel Xeon E5-2699v3 / 2.3GHz 35MB | 128GB PC4-17000P 2133MHz / 8x 16GB DDR4 | NVIDIA Quadro P4000 / 8GB GDDR5 / 4x DP 5K... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jul 13 2020 10:19 PM In reply to

• jcmcnamee
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Brooklyn, NY
    • Posts 289
    • Points 3,060

+1,000!

(i'd be fine w/ just 64 bit title tool).

Terry Snyder:

Media Composer 2020.8 / OS 10.15.6 27" iMac 5K 2017 [4.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 64 GB ram, Radeon Pro 580 8 GB] [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 14 2020 3:23 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,380
    • Points 233,240
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Well all.........

Dave C. has nicely taken this thread on..... he is passing this on to a small group of desginers who work on that area of the product to gain insight into the Titler+ and the limitations it surely offers.

They have a lot of the info. as they have surely heard this from the Voice of the Customer meetings that we have had this year.   Several peeps on the forum are part of that..... and have been very vocal in the Titler+ limitations.

HTH

Marianna 

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 14 2020 6:25 PM In reply to

Marianna:
    They have a lot of the info. as they have surely heard this from the Voice of the Customer meetings that we have had this year.   Several peeps on the forum are part of that..... and have been very vocal in the Titler+ limitations.

Marianna, can someone from Avid please explain why Avid did not simply upgrade the old Title Tool to work in 4K?  I've been trying to get an answer to this question for over 2 years. 

I'm not a software expert so I don't understand why Avid's programmers were able to upgrade MC's code to handle 4K but didn't upgrade the Title Tool code for 4K as well.   Instead, Avid has re-invented the wheel with Titler+...by general consensus a flat wheel with a very bumpy ride.

MC 2018.12.3 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Wed, Jul 15 2020 7:19 PM In reply to

• jcmcnamee
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Brooklyn, NY
    • Posts 289
    • Points 3,060

One thing I do like with Titler+ is not having to create title media. But that's about it. I'm guessing the majority of users need the title application in avid for simple slates/L3's and if we need anything fancier we're getting them from someone else.

Media Composer 2020.8 / OS 10.15.6 27" iMac 5K 2017 [4.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 64 GB ram, Radeon Pro 580 8 GB] [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 15 2020 8:06 PM In reply to

• Simon_h
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 20 2011
    • Cambridge, UK
    • Posts 85
    • Points 1,080

I would feel much happier about all this if Avid would engage with us more and give us some insight into what challenges and aims led to them come up with Titler+ in it's current form.

1.  Do developers within Avid genuinely feel they have created a modern and intuitive tool that compares favourably with competitors?  If so, what is the logic behind the product?

2.  Are Avid's underlying vintage components standing in the way?  Are these creating limitations on what can be done perhaps?  If that's the case, then share that with us and we can understand better what's going on.

3.  Or - if Avid feels they have created a logical and well thought out tool - why doesn't anyone in Avid create some comprehensive walk throughs and tutorials?   The lack of these makes me feel maybe Avid isn't fully behind the product.  Or maybe can't even be bothered....?!

This is the key frustration for me.  It's great that members of this forum are creating tutorials for us and suggesting alternatives.  But is this really such a complicated problem that it takes a major multinational nearly 3 years to sort out?  

It's not rocket science is it?  It's only a bloody title tool...

AVID 2019.12 on HP Z820 MT XEON, 2GhZ, 32GB, Windows 10, Nvidia Quadro 2000, Crucial SSD Hard Drive with several WD Blacks for media. TMPGEnc 7 for encoding... [view my complete system specs]

New Template
  • Thu, Jul 16 2020 3:33 AM In reply to

• Fazz Powell
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 3 2006
    • Naples, FL
    • Posts 441
    • Points 5,960

Said it before and will continue, until Marianna smacks me upside the head.... INSCRIBER. It's dead right? So AVID should buy it and port it for 4K/AVX2. It supported AVX1 before AVX2 killed it. Oh and I had/have 3 Marquis lic. I thought it died. I wonder if I can get of of those licences revived? It was such a render pig back in the Z400 CPU days. Type Deko too. I could retire the copy stand off my Amiga 2000 Deluxe Paint RGB Color Wheel Camera. Seriously, lets buy the rights to Inscriber and fix Avid's titler problem for once and for good.

MC 2020.06 w/Symphony option. BlackMagic DeckLink 12G, HP Z840 Dual 3.2Ghz/8 Core, 1TB SSD, 1TB Cache drive, 128GB Ram, Nvidia RTX2060 Super, BCC2020,... [view my complete system specs]

Dan Powell - Take One Digital Media

Filed under:
  • Thu, Jul 16 2020 6:48 PM In reply to

• bonang
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Boston, MA
    • Posts 389
    • Points 4,870

Vilem:

Terry Snyder:

+1

+ ∞ !

Avid MC 2020.6 with Symphony option | HP zbook 17" G3 / i7 6820HQ / 32GB RAM / 512GB SSD / WIN 10 PRO 64 / nVidia m3000m / BMD UltraStudio 4K [view my complete system specs]

Keith

• Thu, Jul 16 2020 6:57 PM In reply to

• CinéMatica
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 24 2014
    • Belgium | Europe
    • Posts 190
    • Points 2,220

Fazz Powell:

Said it before and will continue, until Marianna smacks me upside the head.... INSCRIBER. It's dead right? So AVID should buy it and port it for 4K/AVX2. It supported AVX1 before AVX2 killed it. Oh and I had/have 3 Marquis lic. I thought it died. I wonder if I can get of of those licences revived? It was such a render pig back in the Z400 CPU days. Type Deko too. I could retire the copy stand off my Amiga 2000 Deluxe Paint RGB Color Wheel Camera. Seriously, lets buy the rights to Inscriber and fix Avid's titler problem for once and for good.

Inscriber was indeed a fantastic titler. If you look at some of the titlers that are around right now, you can say that Inscriber was far ahead of its time. I keep repeating it that I never have seen such a thing anymore since it became discontinued. I really wish that Avid would buy the rights from Harris, Leitch or whoever owns the rights right now and make this wonderful titler back available again in the Avid. 

(Avid 1) HP Z840 | 2x 18 Core Intel Xeon E5-2699v3 / 2.3GHz 35MB | 128GB PC4-17000P 2133MHz / 8x 16GB DDR4 | NVIDIA Quadro P4000 / 8GB GDDR5 / 4x DP 5K... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 16 2020 8:15 PM In reply to

of all the things MC does well - and the robust feature set - i cant believe theyve been struggling with something as simple as a titler. 

hate hate hate how theres two windows for controlling the thing (effects pallette and titler plus commands) and how the titler plus command windows dissapears under other windows and isnt dockable. 

• Thu, Jul 16 2020 8:43 PM In reply to

Terry Snyder:
    Marianna, can someone from Avid please explain why Avid did not simply upgrade the old Title Tool to work in 4K?  I've been trying to get an answer to this question for over 2 years. 

??????

Marianna is always so responsive on everything else but mostly silent when it comes to Titler+.  Do they have her under a gag order?  Wink

MC 2018.12.3 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Thu, Jul 16 2020 9:20 PM In reply to

The Avid Title tool was written with older technology and it was more work to make it work with 4K, in addition we could not address some of the items that customers were asking, like 4K support, in context titling, quick title creation, integrated into our FX palette and a bunch of other things. After years of work you would have ended up with the same titler but only allowed to work in 4K.

Dave

Terry Snyder:

Terry Snyder:

??????

Marianna is always so responsive on everything else but mostly silent when it comes to Titler+.  Do they have her under a gag order?  Wink

• Thu, Jul 16 2020 9:31 PM In reply to

• Fazz Powell
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 3 2006
    • Naples, FL
    • Posts 441
    • Points 5,960

Sorry they shouldn't throw good money after bad, IMHO. The old TT was barely usable except for the most basic tasks. Us in the indutrial/corporate market need a robust title tool. I've often compared what we do sometimes to expensive Power Point. The old TT may be good for FPO and like I said the most basic tasks, but it's just not an option when competeing with Premiere editors, who apprently don't have this problem.  

MC 2020.06 w/Symphony option. BlackMagic DeckLink 12G, HP Z840 Dual 3.2Ghz/8 Core, 1TB SSD, 1TB Cache drive, 128GB Ram, Nvidia RTX2060 Super, BCC2020,... [view my complete system specs]

Dan Powell - Take One Digital Media

• Fri, Jul 17 2020 12:48 PM In reply to

What's daft is that when they first included NewBlue Titler as a stopgap, I hated it. But then it improved, I got to like it (and did tutorials for my students) but then they pulled it. It is a much better product than Titler Plus. Maybe they should bite the bullet and licence it from NewBlue? It wouldn't be the first time they have integrated a 3rd-party product.

iMac i5 27", 40GB RAM, OS 10.14.6 with Symphony 2020.6, BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.14.6 with MC 2018.12.12 and BMD... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

Page 6 of 11 (153 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller