Latest post Sat, Jan 5 2019 12:52 PM by Baklap. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 4 2019 2:44 PM

• dprenerov
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 4 2019
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

problem moving user settings from Media Composer ver 6.5.4.6 to ver.5.5.3

Hi all,

I am trying to transfer user settings from Media Composer ver 6.5.4.6 to Media Composer ver.5.5.3.

I export the settings from the first machine and import them to the other. No error messages, but the user profile doesn't behave as supposed. Maybe the problem is that the target machine is with lower version of MC.

Any help and suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

• Sat, Jan 5 2019 12:52 PM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Hilversum - The Netherlands
    • Posts 6,944
    • Points 82,400
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro PC

Re: problem moving user settings from Media Composer ver 6.5.4.6 to ver.5.5.3

Hi, it is by default a bad idea to use the settings from a higher to a lower version. Features added might not apply or even break stuff. When we update our systems and go from version to a higher version we re-crete the settings. 15 minute hassle which will save you countless hours of troubleshooting weird behaviour. My advice would be to just re-create them for version 5.x and be done with it.

All the best,

Menno

35+ MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 500 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage - MOG SPeedrail... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

"If you do what you did you will get what you got!"

My Keys

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller