Latest post Thu, Jan 3 2019 6:50 PM by TrevorA. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 2 2019 11:32 AM

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 1,081
    • Points 12,305

Multigroup: Identify empty sections and clip changes

If I create a multigroup with time of day timecode the clips are butt-joined. Should be an option to multigroup in a similar way to Autosequence, where the multigroup clip reflects true time of day and there is filler in the non-recorded sections.

Similarly if I drop that multigroup (in this case it was audio only, with breaks & different numbers of channels recorded throughout the day) clip into a sequence there is no indication of where the tracks are empty OR where the clips have been butt-joined.

There should be a right click option to 'add edits through group clip) - so the breaks can be identified. Also a right click option to 'remove empty tracks through group clip' - so the sections of the day where onlly a couple of iso mics recorded do not have 12 timeline tracks.

no indication of record breaks

once a few add edits have been added

• Thu, Jan 3 2019 2:08 AM In reply to

Re: Multigroup: Identify empty sections and clip changes

These are very good and important requests and I am plus +1.

I am curious: with v2018.12, would you get that time-of-day Filler (no butt-joined edits) in a Multi/Group if it was generated from the tineline, having used AutoSequence on each audio source to set up the full day sequence? I think so. Is that workable?

Maybe what we could use is Auto-Sequence-able GroupClips and Sequences. Or maybe in addition to Overwrite, Splice-In, and Replace Edit Modes, we could use AutoSequence Edit Mode which would synchronize the time code from Source to its matching Master Sequence Timecode in Composer. Freaky.

I totally agree on getting Add-Edits on MultiGroups. And your visibility requests. I tried the "group from Timeline" feature on a pair of audio clips separated by Filler, and saw some interesting results with regards to Source clip color in both Source and Composer views... so maybe this was to help visibility...

With this v2018.12 release Avid has shown it is listening to and able to deliver on these kinds of requests... 

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 3 2019 6:50 PM In reply to

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 1,081
    • Points 12,305

Re: Multigroup: Identify empty sections and clip changes

Telegram!:

I am curious: with v2018.12, would you get that time-of-day Filler (no butt-joined edits) in a Multi/Group if it was generated from the tineline, having used AutoSequence on each audio source to set up the full day sequence? I think so. Is that workable?

Yes that does seem to work....

Need to use much of this in anger but this is pretty much a got to have upgrade for anyone using any kind of grouping (which is pretty much everyone these days). 

Presumably it is Interplay friendly but requires a later version than most places have installed? 2018.5.1 is the highest version I've seen on Interplay.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller