Latest post Fri, Dec 14 2018 5:11 AM by Justin. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 14 2018 5:11 AM

    • Justin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 14 2018
    • Australia
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

    Database Files Indexing Incorrectly [Offline/Online]


    I am trying to troubleshot a project for a student of mine working in an offline/online workflow. We set up a 4k project, made a bin for all the raw camera files and AMA linked them, then we began transoding all the raw files into proxies DNXHR LB 4K proxies (we maintained the resolution for image size re-positioning... which I'm now thinking it would be best to have made them 1080p). The proxy files were split across two seperate harddrives, and the raw files stored all on one of those drives in a folder.

    After transcoding, the editor began logging and syncing the proxy files and making sub clips into seperate bins. We tested the online by relinking the sequence to the original camera files and it worked flawlessly.

    However after the editor switched from a Mac machine to a Windows (unsure as of what version) he found some issues, the proxies files in the timeline either became offline, or remained visible in the record monitor when scrubbing but during playback we'd recieve an error message saying 'File not found' and then when match framing it in the source monitor it would be offline. There were also some proxies that were AMA linking to the raw camera files.

    Timeline with offline media:

    Proxy bin:

    Example proxy clip that relinked to raw camera files (some clips had the ama link icon where others did not): 

    We deleted the database files on both harddrives and reindexed the database but whilst the error messages had gone away some of the proxies were still offline or relinking to the raw camera files. The picture above is a bin that should contain only the transcoded proxy files but it still is pointing to the raw AMA files.

    We can still go straight to online, but the editor is in the middle of the edit and we'd loose acsess to the logged & synced proxies & subclips. We tried relinking the clips to no avail, it kept relinking to the raw camerafiles.

    At this point I am unsure what to do. I feel compelled to wipe all the transcodes and start again.

    We are running OS Mojave with Avid 8.9.3 on our school machines.

    Thanks for your time.


Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller