Latest post Tue, Dec 11 2018 10:17 PM by lorby. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 11 2018 8:49 PM

• lorby
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 11 2018
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

App manager filling hard disk with temp files

Hi everyone, hoping I can get some assistance with this very frustrating issue I'm having with Avid app manager.

Recently purchased 15 network licenses for Sibelius. Installed the network license manager software on a fresh server 2016 VM. It installs the avid app manager as well. It's only been online for a week or so, but now I'm having the exact same issue as discussed here: https://community.avid.com/forums/t/138399.aspx

The appdata\local\temp directory for the user has been absolutely filled by App manager directories and files until the point the hard disk gets to 100% and everything starts crashing. So far I have removed 25gb+ worth of temp files on two occasions. I have installed site license software version 8_4_2_Win_92669. and the app manager that comes with that is 2.5.8.13040. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software after the first incidence but it happened again after that.

The only thing I can think of currently is that because we are behind an authenticated proxy (and App manager has no support for proxies, another issue in itself) that app manager keeps trying to get out to the internet and can't and is stuck in a loop doing something?

Any advice would be appreciated. To get around it so far I have uninstalled App manager and luckily the site licensing services stay behind and they seem to still serve the licenses fine, but I will have to reinstall to active new offline licenses when we get them and then uninstall the appa manager again by the looks of it.

Thank you

• Tue, Dec 11 2018 10:12 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,806
    • Points 19,940
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: App manager filling hard disk with temp files

Hello,

The Sibelius is Forums is  here.

I saw this error on older AppMan version, like two years ago, I can't remember the exact number. This was address several months back, install the lastest AppMan to resolve the issue.

Regards,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 11 2018 10:17 PM In reply to

• lorby
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

Sibelius isn't the issue, Avid app manager is the problem.

The error you're talking about is linked in my OP.

This network licensing server was only installed 2 weeks ago, freshly downloaded from the Avid site, so I can only assume it's already the latest version

• Tue, Dec 11 2018 10:23 PM In reply to

• lorby
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

OK, I've just had another look and it appears the license server installs a very old version of app manager?? This is the latest version of the licensing software I could find. So I have to install the licensing server package. Uninstall the crusty app manager package that it installs automatically. Download a seperate copy of the modern app manager and install that instead??

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller