Latest post Fri, Nov 23 2018 10:35 AM by luca.mg. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 22 2018 6:45 PM

Major relinking issue

Hey hive mind. I hope someone can help me out.

I have foolishly synced a load of footage by first making duplicates of the master files and syncing those duplicates together. Today I have had some re-graded MXFs from the DIT and when I have swapped over the files on my picture drive, the new media is offline and it won't relink to the new master files, even though the file and tape names are identicle to the previous MXFs.

I am guessing that this is because the syncs were done from copies of the master files rather than the master files themselves. Does anyone know how I can get the new masters online or do I have to start all over syncing properly from the new masters directly.

Hope that makes sens.

• Fri, Nov 23 2018 10:35 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,499
    • Points 64,510

Re: Major relinking issue

hi tomoshanter and welcome to the forums. Does the timecode of the graded clip match the timecode of the source clips? You can relink by several parameters, embedded metadata (if carried over) or specific bin colums, You'll have to fiddle with the various options. if You provide more details about the workflow would be helpful to help You.

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller