Latest post Wed, Nov 21 2018 4:18 PM by luca.mg. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 20 2018 5:17 PM

• matthewrs7
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 20 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Relinking Transdoced footage turns into AMA link

Hello:

So I have a project where 4K MXF files get transcoded to 1080P DNXHD video files for smoother playback. A previous editor just AMA linked every clip, transcoded them and walked away. So the transcoded footage has 8 audio tracks. 1 track has audio, the other 7 are just empty audio tracks.

I used to simply unlink the transcoded clips, then select 'modify clip', and deselect the data track and the 7 empty audio tracks, then relink the footage and all was well. However, I now have a problem where when I relink, the transcoded footage turns into an AMA clip and has the chain link icon. Why is avid relinking to the AMA clip instead of the actual transcoded footage?

Because of this issue, I have to delete all the transcoded footage, link the 4K files, modity the clips audio tracks THEN transcode, wasting about 2 work days.

Anybody have a way I can fix this? please let me know if I need to re clarify anything.

• Wed, Nov 21 2018 3:06 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,442
    • Points 63,775

Re: Relinking Transdoced footage turns into AMA link

When You relink choose to relink to the specific relolution of the already transcoded files. HTH

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Wed, Nov 21 2018 3:26 PM In reply to

• matthewrs7
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 20 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

In the relink window's 'video parameters' section. the 'relink to' is currently set to 'Video format of current project only (1080p/29.97). So it should work. Should I change anything?

• Wed, Nov 21 2018 4:18 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,442
    • Points 63,775

Hi Matthew, not sure if it's the same for MC First, but the dropdown menu should give You the option to relink to a specific resolution, just pick the one You used to transcode the footage to in the first place: click on the "Resolution" dropdown menu e select the appropriate DNxHD flavour.

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller