Latest post Sat, Nov 17 2018 3:46 PM by DStone. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Nov 16 2018 10:46 PM

• grizzli
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 16 2018
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

MC-First App Manager on Win-10 does not launch

I am currently running Adobe Premiere on a hi-end Dell 5810 Win-10 64-bit workstation with 32GB Ram, SSD boot, Xeon 3.7Ghz processor with with 4.0Ghz Intel Turbo Boost Max, NVIDIA Quadro M2000 4GB and tons of high-speed drives. Premiere runs without a hitch.

At recommendation of colleagues I am attempting to install Avid MC - First for evaluation. The first time I installed it  (took nearly an hour) I managed to get it running for a brief period. Since then it cannot be launched as it seems to require OK from 'Application Manager'. This ill-behaved and opaque piece of software refuses to launch. After apparently following the path of numerous others, i.e. clean installs, reboots, tinkering with firewall settings, turning off anit-virus and malware I get nada! The progress wheel spins for about 2 nano seconds then nothing.

Given the depth and sophistication of Avid's product offerings I find it bizarre and puzzling that this seemingly simple piece of software is so poorly implemented. In failure it provides no diagnostic or feedback. If MC-First is intended to be a gateway for new customers one would think that it would be made to work flawlessly or at least fail elegantly. It makes no sense that it would run once and then become dead disk space. Not an encouraging prospect for becoming an Avid user.

How in the hell do you get this thing to work???

• Sat, Nov 17 2018 3:46 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,478
    • Points 44,820
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: MC-First App Manager on Win-10 does not launch

First, make sure that you're logged into the Avid Application Manager. If you're not, MCF won't launch (but you should also get a login error message).

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller