Latest post Thu, Nov 1 2018 1:24 PM by luca.mg. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 31 2018 7:41 PM

AAF export woes. Please Avid fix these issues.

AAF from Media Composer to Pro Tools  should be a seamless process but it is far from it. There are a bunch of caveats that must be adhered to to avoid crashes or to make sure that all the information is carried over correctly.

1. AAF export hangs when you have Multicam clips in the timeline.

This is a straight up bug that needs to be addressed. Workaround is to comit multicam edits.

2. Muted clips are carried over in the AAF but the media for the clips is not.

Seems like an oversight, please give an option to 'include muted media'. Workaround involves making a duplicate sequence and unmuting everything and then exporting media to a folder then exporting a linked AAF from the muted sequence.

3. Stereo clips do not include muted status.

Another bug. Only mono tracks retain the muted status inside protools. Clips on all other tracks become unmuted again. Workaround is to zero the volume on all muted stereo clips.

Anyone else experience these issues or know if they have been addressed in a later version?

MC 8.8.2 OSX 10.12.3 Quicktime 7.6.6 Nitris DX [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Nov 1 2018 6:31 AM In reply to

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 1,065
    • Points 12,100

Re: AAF export woes. Please Avid fix these issues.

James@Seamless:

1. AAF export hangs when you have Multicam clips in the timeline.

This is a straight up bug that needs to be addressed. Workaround is to comit multicam edits.

Seen this (‘gathering AAF dependencies’, requires force quit) in 2018.7 and 2018.10 I think. (OSX 10.13.6 High Sierra)

• Thu, Nov 1 2018 1:24 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,397
    • Points 63,300

Re: AAF export woes. Please Avid fix these issues.

Yep, I don't know why, but my sound guy recommends commit multicam edit before AAF export.

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller