Latest post Thu, Nov 1 2018 6:32 AM by tommix. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Oct 29 2018 10:38 PM

• tommix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 14 2008
    • Posts 198
    • Points 2,430

Publish To crash still not fixed in 2018.10

When one posts error messages here and Avid does not fix bug introduced in 2018.9 it sure looks like it's time to move to Resolve. Not being able to publish a Sequence is about as fatal an appliation bug as one can have.

And, what's with new undocumented install option tha seems to require quitting the Application Manager.

And, what do our Moderators do? Nothing! 2018.10 has been out since last week. Nothing posted here! Do they ever work on the bugs posted here? Nope.

SO SAD!

• Tue, Oct 30 2018 12:26 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,882
    • Points 214,055
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Publish To crash still not fixed in 2018.10

tommix,

Yes we do work on the bugs posted here.  All of them.  Usually when a bug is not fixed right away there are several reasons and most often because the section od code ties to other area's and a simple fix can cause other issues. 

I will check on this and get back to the thread.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Tue, Oct 30 2018 10:24 PM In reply to

• tommix
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 198
    • Points 2,430

It was working from day 1 until the last release. The error messages are very specific. And, we have been dead n the water for a month.

I've got to confess I don't see how they can still be fining bugs in 8.9 which is year or more old. How does a releas gt thru QC with so many bugs. Maybe you need to have a sries of public beta releases like B did for Resolve 15.1. And a public list of what the found bugs are and when they will be fixed.

On the other hand, until the cannot publish bug I've had zero problems with MCF. It's been perfect.

But  the near Instalation process is very confusing!

And, can MCF use the cloud?

Thank you as usual -- I thought there were bunch of moderators.

PS: you really should recomend my 200+ page free MCF ebook. Seems a big hit in NYC where they have stuck with FCP 7 and won't go with PP. Resolve's 2600-page manual looks insane to these older editors.

• Thu, Nov 1 2018 6:32 AM In reply to

• tommix
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 198
    • Points 2,430

Publish to seems to work fine on the Mac.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller