Latest post Sat, Oct 27 2018 9:20 PM by wellereric. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Oct 27 2018 7:53 PM

• wellereric
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 26 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Application manager always 'initializing"

I have tried everything. I followed all of the troubleshooting suggestions and i'm ready to just give up.  Nothing i do works.  I would love to try out Avid Media Composer First, but for some reason you have to have something called an 'application manager' before you can even open it.  This 'application manager' just hangs there initializing and and won't do anythng.  ALL of the suggestions about dumping licence files and caches don't result in any progress.  This forum is my last hope.  

Brand new Macbookpro High Sierra 10:13:6

• Sat, Oct 27 2018 8:12 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,685
    • Points 18,545
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Application manager always 'initializing"

Hi Wellereric,

What version of AppMan did you install? Check the Mac firewall be sure AppMan is allowed, go to the preferences tab and uncheck " Anonymous data collection". Last, check the Mac permission settings are set to Read & Write.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Oct 27 2018 9:20 PM In reply to

• wellereric
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 26 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: Application manager always 'initializing"

Thanks Ralph, - I have version 18.10.0.  Firewall allows everything.  I've even turned off the firewall to see if that helps. I'm not sure exactly where you mean my mac permissions should be set to read and write - on the .app icon of the application manager program itslef?   Thansk again.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller