Latest post Thu, Jun 6 2019 8:36 PM by DStone. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 25 2018 9:43 AM

• Lypning
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 25 2018
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Avid Media Composer FIRST crash report AFTER startup !

Hello,
    I downloaded Avid Media Composer and when i launch it, the startup work perfectly, every files is charging.
    The problem is after that, the software is crashing randomly between 10 at 40 seconds after the startup.

The problem is not when i press or do something specific because even when i don't touch anything the Application crash.

I took a screenshoot of the screen report below.

My pc : Laptop, windows 10, 16go ram, i7, GTX 1060.

I already tried to reinstall Avid like 3 times.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    PS : Sorry for my bad english, i'm french.

• Thu, Oct 25 2018 2:30 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,018
    • Points 22,305
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Avid Media Composer FIRST crash report AFTER startup !

Hi Lypning,

Can you post the machine CPU specs. Thanks!

Moving to MC|First section.

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 25 2018 3:04 PM In reply to

• Lypning
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Do you just want these informations ?

• Thu, Oct 25 2018 3:34 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Posts 2,018
    • Points 22,305
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

If you have an integrated graphics adapter you can set it for MC|First.

For Nvidia GPU:

• Open the Nvidia Control Panel. You can do this by right-clicking on the desktop or you can find the option within the notification area of the Taskbar.
    • Select Manage 3D Settings under 3D Settings.
    • Click on the Program Settings tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop-down list. In this case MC|First
    • Now select the 'preferred graphics processor' in the drop-down list (you can see what the automatic option is listed as a global setting). If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance Nvidia processor.

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Oct 26 2018 6:43 AM In reply to

• Lypning
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Even with that it change nothing, and when i right lick on MC i can launch it with Nvidia preference but it change nothing too...Huh?

• Fri, Oct 26 2018 8:17 AM In reply to

• Lypning
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Hey i have some news,

I donwloaded Adobe Premiere Pro because of the fact that MC donc work, and i have EXACTLY the same problem with premiere, i launch it and it crashes after 10/40 seconds after launch, without any errors.

A malware maybe ? A driver problem ? i don't understand ... :( 

• Fri, Oct 26 2018 1:47 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Posts 2,018
    • Points 22,305
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Did you update your Windows to Windows 10 1809 when it was launched Oct. 2nd?

Update: What is the exact model of the laptop?

Thanks,

RalphC

• Thu, Jun 6 2019 6:29 PM In reply to

• Producifer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 21 2018
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

I would have LOVED to have been a fly on the wall during the Marketing board meeting where the 1st editions of PT and MC were suggested as some kind of promotional incentive. "OK people we are in trouble, We need to put our heads together. There is a Profound disturbance in the AVID FORCE. there seems to be GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT difficulty  and MANY MANY MANY MANY unforseen glitches in compatibility and integration that everyone iencounters during the installation process, the activation process, the operation process, the allocation process, and for that matter every process. There have been reported leaps from the capital studio tower by engineers who just wanted to produce one good album but were finally fed up with having to trash their preferences that they gave up. How can we convince people that this software is the right choice over so many others when it doesnt have a single user friendly bone inits body"? and then the 20 yo bright eyed intern starts waving here hand in the air going OOH OOH I KNow . Lets let them play with it for free so they know before they pay money what they are in for". And they all looked at each other and said..."GENIUS" and then they approved the graphic interface for Xpand

• Thu, Jun 6 2019 8:36 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,680
    • Points 47,215
    • Moderator: Avid Media Composer for Liquid
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Producifer:
    How can we convince people that this software is the right choice over so many others when it doesnt have a single user friendly bone inits body"?
    Hmmm, Let's think about that...

15 Emmys, 2 Oscars, and a Grammy. Oh, and to quote a passage about the 2019 Academy Awards:

Avid News:
    In the Film Editing category, winner John Ottman, ACE for Bohemian Rhapsody as well as every nominee, including Hank Corwin, ACE for Vice; Yorgos Mavropsaridis, ACE for The Favourite; Barry Alexander Brown for BlacKkKlansman; and Patrick J. Don Vito for Green Book; cut their films using Media Composer® | Ultimate, the film industry’s most-used editing software.

All of the nominees in the Sound Editing category used Pro Tools® | Ultimate, the industry-standard digital audio software, including winner John Warhurst and Nina Hartstone for Bohemian Rhapsody; Benjamin A. Burtt and Steve Boeddeker for Black Panther; Ai-Ling Lee and Mildred Iatrou Morgan for First Man; Ethan Van der Ryn and Erik Aadahl for A Quiet Place; and Sergio Díaz and Skip Lievsay for Roma.

So I guess at least a couple of people out there find it useful.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller