Latest post Sat, Oct 20 2018 10:11 PM by RalphC. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Oct 20 2018 8:20 PM

Avid Application Manager Files In Use

Every time I try to update the Application Manager, it tells me that NVIDIA GeForce Overlay is using files that need to be updated by the setup. NVIDIA GeForce Overlay doesn't show up on my taskbar, in Windows Explorer when I search for it, or anywhere in the Task Manager. I cannot find the active process of it, so I can't close it. When I tried Googling it, all I could find was how to toggle/untoggle the visibility of the overlay while playing games and other irrelevant stuff. Nothing on how to shut it down. If I click Ignore on the setup, the update will fail to complete. Does anyone know how to fix this?

• Sat, Oct 20 2018 9:13 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,806
    • Points 19,940
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Avid Application Manager Files In Use

Hi Dan,

This is probably a dumb question but did you close Avid MC before updating the AppMan?

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Oct 20 2018 10:05 PM In reply to

I do not have Avid MC. The only Avid product I have right now is Pro Tools | First. Yes, it is closed.

• Sat, Oct 20 2018 10:11 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,806
    • Points 19,940
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

You're at the wrong section of the Forums, this is the Video Pro Community, for Audio concern please head over to the DUC.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller