Latest post Thu, Oct 11 2018 4:09 AM by Alayne Holmes. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 11 2018 1:24 AM

• dingo1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Grinnell
    • Posts 319
    • Points 3,815

exporting old meridian encoded SD clips

I have a client with a bunch of old interviews that were captured in SD, 486 29.97 meridian uncompressed.  He wants to save them for future use.  I would love to find a way of "same as sourceing" them so I don't need to reencode them.  SAS is a QT thing and that won't fly (newest Premiere cant see it).  Is there a way of making these avid media files, which are OP1 atom and make them into OP1a files or something with longer legs that QT.....and no I don't want to make them mp4's...

Thoughts

Cheers

MC 7 on 2009 MacBook pro Symphony v8.6 on iMac i7 24gig ram tons of firewire single drives [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 11 2018 4:09 AM In reply to

Re: exporting old meridian encoded SD clips

Are they OMF or MXF files?

In either case why not us MDV (make a donation) software to identify the files then Move or copy those files into a new OMFI MediaFiles folder (at root level of your new backup drive)  Or into a new number only named folder in a Avid MediaFiles\MXF\ folder at the root level of your backup drive.

Open a new SD Avid Project and this new media will be indexed. Drag the Avid data base file fom this new media folder into a bin and you will have all of the clips show up in the new project. This becomes your backup.

Resolve 15 should open these original files if you drag the files from the media files folder to the media page in a SD Resolve project. Resolve can then deliver them as DNxHR files using a custom size setting to the SD file size. Resolve 15 has a new sweet 2x magnification scaler that maybe useful if they may be required in future HD projects.  Resolve Studio adds Noise reduction options.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller