Latest post Sat, Oct 13 2018 8:25 PM by mcabery. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 10 2018 7:18 PM

• mcabery
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 78
    • Points 995

Waveform live update

My aplogies if this has been covered.  I keep seeing that we are supposed to have live updates in the scopes, but I am not seeing this.  I have checked the box for live updates in the settings but the scopes don't update until the video stops.  Thoughts?

i7 Broadwell 6800K on an Asus X99A-II, 6 2TB Seagate drives in RAID 5, Windows 10, MXO2 Mini Max and the latest version of Avid [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 10 2018 8:15 PM In reply to

Re: Waveform live update

What version are you using?

Media Composer 2018.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Oct 10 2018 8:40 PM In reply to

• mcabery
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 78
    • Points 995

Sorry, it's been so long since I have posted on the forum I forgot how to do it properly!Smile

i7 Broadwell 6800K on an Asus X99A-II, 6 2TB Seagate drives in RAID 5, Windows 10, MXO2 Mini Max and the latest version of Avid [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 11 2018 4:22 AM In reply to

I just tried it on the system listed in my specs, and in color correction mode the scopes updated in realtime. Just to double-check, are you in color correction mode when you're looking at the scopes? (I realized this is a pretty basic question, but I don't want to overlook anything.)

Media Composer 2018.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Thu, Oct 11 2018 10:14 PM In reply to

• mcabery
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 78
    • Points 995

No problem, best to start with the basics! Yes, I'm in color correction mode. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the feature also, what I'm expecting is that as the video plays the scopes play along too  Or is it just that they update while making changes in the color correction? 

• Fri, Oct 12 2018 5:27 AM In reply to

mcabery:
    what I'm expecting is that as the video plays the scopes play along too

That's what happens on my system.

What video card are you running?

• Fri, Oct 12 2018 8:10 AM In reply to

On my system I get live updates while making adjustments and live update if I scrub. But when I hit play the WFM freezes and only updates when I stop.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Fri, Oct 12 2018 3:55 PM In reply to

• DJFio[DB]
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 3 2005
    • Moscow Russia
    • Posts 243
    • Points 3,245

your color-correction-mode-three-way-displays must be set up only to show waveforms(any), not the "Next" clip, nor the "Previous" clip. Only waveforms in the side monitors and the current clip in the middle.  MC plays Waveforms in realtime only in thes display setup. This was covered in documentation somewhere....

MBPro_late_2013 15'' i7 16GBram OSX 10.12.6 MC 2018.9 AJA io XT | BMD US monitor, EXT thunderbolt NvidiaGPU 980ti; ATTO NT11;Baselight plug-in;... [view my complete system specs]

DJFio[DB]

• Fri, Oct 12 2018 4:57 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,437
    • Points 44,365
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

DJFio[DB] is correct. Both left and right displays must be set to show waveforms (or histogram, quad-display, etc.) for real-time to work. They can also be set to Entire Sequence or to Empty for real-time display to work. Note that you don't have to use the center display. As long as one of the displays is set to Current (or Entire Sequence), you can put the monitors in any of the others (so you could set it up like histogram/waveform/current) it it will still work.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 16Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Fri, Oct 12 2018 5:02 PM In reply to

• touviere7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 15 2010
    • los angeles
    • Posts 582
    • Points 6,560

YesIdeaYes

mc 2018.9 with symphony - win 10 pro64 v.1803 - QT essential 7.7.9 - nVidia gtx1080 OC (411.63) - intel i7 6800k@4.1ghz water cooled by corsair H100i V2... [view my complete system specs]

the time you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted time...

• Sat, Oct 13 2018 8:25 PM In reply to

• mcabery
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 78
    • Points 995

Ah ha!  That was the problem, I had the left screen of the three set to previous, when I put the vectorscope over there and a WFM on the right side it works...! Hooray and thanks for your input!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller