Latest post Tue, Oct 9 2018 6:22 PM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 9 2018 5:40 PM

• TJ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 27 2011
    • Chicago
    • Posts 17
    • Points 220

How can I disable Ripple Trim when I navigate between clips with hotkeys?

Hey there, pros.

I first learned Avid on ExpressDV and got very accustomed to using the "S" hotkey to advance to the next edit & the "A" hotkey to move to the previous edit. End of story.

I've been on Media Composer since version 5 and am now working on 8.9. One of the minor workflow issues I've been tolerating for years now is that now when I use "S" or "A" to navigate, it automatically activates the Ripple Trim tool.

Is there some way to disable this feature? I just want to be able to move between clips without that hiccup in between. Thanks!

Best,

TJ

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s), Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
  • Tue, Oct 9 2018 6:22 PM In reply to

Re: How can I disable Ripple Trim when I navigate between clips with hotkeys?

Hi TJ,

Remap A and S to FF and REW.

(In later versions of Media Composer, the default keys have been changed to Go To Next/Previous Event, and work like what you want.)

Media Composer 2018.11 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller