Latest post Wed, Oct 10 2018 12:48 PM by Marianna. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Oct 8 2018 8:50 PM

• AlecL
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 8 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

Avid's VERY disappointing customer service

I have been a loyal Avid customer for a few years now since I took an audio engineering class in my freshman year of college. After acessing Pro Tools for serveral years with a Music Tech program discount, I made the plunge and spent $300 on renewing the subscription. As a studet, this was a huge chunk of change out of my pocket. For this reson, I puposefuly chose a plan that was "perpetual" so I wouldn't have to pay more in the future unless I wanted updates. However, apparently Avid is set up so that all perpectual plans are still auto-renewing. Meaning, I was recharged again without any warning last month for a renewal to allow updates. Me, unware that this was the default, didn't even realize this charge wass completed until almost a month later (yesterday). I called Avid customer support to explain the situation. He seemed understanding and said that I shouldn't have a problem getting a refund because I havn't made any updates yet. However, when my case was transferred to billing I sluggishly recived an email with a copy/pasted section of terms and services explaining to me that I had screwed up by not realizing that the subscription was auto renewed, and that my refund was impossible. Very disppointed that Avid's default way of dealing with this is to keep customers money. It feels like the whole system is set up to trick and charge as many people as possible. I understand that having an auto-renew default means that less professionals will be delayed by subscription issues but it is simply rediculous that there is no leinency granted to those who get the charged for renewal on accidnt. It's also rediculous how hard it is to get someoneon a phone to discuss this. Very disapointed. As a student, $100 isn't nothing. I really need that money for my food budget. Don't think I'll ever give my money to avid ever again. 

• Tue, Oct 9 2018 5:14 AM In reply to

Re: Avid's VERY disappointing customer service

Hi,

You should send an email to Marianna Montague (marianna.montague@avid.com). She's Avid's customer advocate, and while I don't guarantee she can solve all the world's problems, if anyone can, it's her.

(Just so you know, this is the Avid video forum.  The audio forum is here: http://duc.avid.com/)

Media Composer 2018.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Oct 9 2018 9:03 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,804
    • Points 212,930
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

AlecL:

I have been a loyal Avid customer for a few years now since I took an audio engineering class in my freshman year of college. After acessing Pro Tools for serveral years with a Music Tech program discount, I made the plunge and spent $300 on renewing the subscription. As a studet, this was a huge chunk of change out of my pocket. For this reson, I puposefuly chose a plan that was "perpetual" so I wouldn't have to pay more in the future unless I wanted updates. However, apparently Avid is set up so that all perpectual plans are still auto-renewing. Meaning, I was recharged again without any warning last month for a renewal to allow updates. Me, unware that this was the default, didn't even realize this charge wass completed until almost a month later (yesterday). I called Avid customer support to explain the situation. He seemed understanding and said that I shouldn't have a problem getting a refund because I havn't made any updates yet. However, when my case was transferred to billing I sluggishly recived an email with a copy/pasted section of terms and services explaining to me that I had screwed up by not realizing that the subscription was auto renewed, and that my refund was impossible. Very disppointed that Avid's default way of dealing with this is to keep customers money. It feels like the whole system is set up to trick and charge as many people as possible. I understand that having an auto-renew default means that less professionals will be delayed by subscription issues but it is simply rediculous that there is no leinency granted to those who get the charged for renewal on accidnt. It's also rediculous how hard it is to get someoneon a phone to discuss this. Very disapointed. As a student, $100 isn't nothing. I really need that money for my food budget. Don't think I'll ever give my money to avid ever again. 

Alec,

I am so sorry this happened.  The subscriptions are set to auto-renew by default so this is not your fault as you didnt know that things had changed. I have asked the web team and Carlos to provide you with the refund.  It will take 3-5 days to appear back on your Credit Card once they issue the refund.  

My apologie again Alec and I will certainly feed back this information to our web store.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Tue, Oct 9 2018 10:48 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,121
    • Points 22,775

MM I am standing applauding you for your responce on this .This is how a brand make customers for life...And when Alec becomes rich and famous He or She will think so as well.....

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Wed, Oct 10 2018 1:38 AM In reply to

• AlecL
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 8 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

Thanks so much for dealing with this quickly! This is the excellent service I was expecting from the beggining.

• Wed, Oct 10 2018 12:48 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,804
    • Points 212,930
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

You got it Alec....  Again my apologies.

Only an email away if you need me

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller