Latest post Sun, Sep 30 2018 12:34 PM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 28 2018 4:57 AM

• cmo439
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 12 2016
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Ripping SD DVDs and expiring high quality

Please forgive me if this is too vague, but i’m doing a favor for a friend. We have a bunch of shows and movies he’s worked on and wanted to make a reel to show at a party on a big outdoor screen. But the dvds are SD and when I import them via handbreak, the quality isn’t ideal, can anyone offer me a workflow to insure I rip at the right settings, import the footage to Avid at the right setting, and then, finally, to export at the right settings to make sure they are clear and look like they would if we just played the original dvds? (I’m also open to using other software than handbreak.)

• Sun, Sep 30 2018 12:34 PM In reply to

Re: Ripping SD DVDs and expiring high quality

You are going to be limited to the quality of the MPEG DVD compression. Make sure you rip to a reasonanble resolution to not compound that. I'd stick with 2:1 But MC is pretty poor up upscaling to HD so it maybe better to look at alternative to scale the content.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller