Latest post Fri, Sep 28 2018 8:51 AM by Leo Baker. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 28 2018 4:45 AM

Transfer A Project From Windows to Mac

So I havent purchased Media Composer yet, because I'm still in the process of buying a laptop for school. I have one class that requires me to use a Windows computer, and another class uses Media Composer. The class that uses Media composer is almost entirely Mac. The professor uses Mac, and every work station in the classroom is a Mac. Is it possible for me to make a Windows project and transfer it over to Mac so my professor can view what I made? Also, can I move a project I'm in the process of making on Windows and continue working on it on a Mac? 

TLDR: Can I transfer a Windows project to Mac so my professor can view it? Can I also start working on a Windows project and then continue working on it on a Mac? 

Thanks

• Fri, Sep 28 2018 8:47 AM In reply to

• Leo Baker
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 5 2011
    • London
    • Posts 294
    • Points 3,605

Re: Transfer A Project From Windows to Mac

Hello,

Yes on your Windows computer in my documents on the c drive you'll see

Avid Projects folder with a folder with the name of your project.

You just need to copy your named project. Then on the Mac find the location of the Avid Project file and put your copied folder into their. 

I presume you are using the same media files on your windows and schools Mac computer in the classroom? 

Kind regards,

Leo

Avid Media Composer 2018.4 Pro Tools 12.7 Windows 10 Pro 64bit Computer: HP Z800 DUAL QUAD XEON X5667 3.07GHZ 96GB 3 X 450GB SAS 96Gb system Ram Graphics... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 28 2018 8:51 AM In reply to

• Leo Baker
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 5 2011
    • London
    • Posts 294
    • Points 3,605

Re: Transfer A Project From Windows to Mac

Here is a good tip on Avid''s website trasfetrimg projects between two computers. 

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/en264715

Avid Media Composer 2018.4 Pro Tools 12.7 Windows 10 Pro 64bit Computer: HP Z800 DUAL QUAD XEON X5667 3.07GHZ 96GB 3 X 450GB SAS 96Gb system Ram Graphics... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller