Latest post Sat, Sep 15 2018 11:56 PM by Martin Fox. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Sep 15 2018 11:52 AM

• dkfilm89
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Sep 9 2018
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Shift Clips around

Hello again,

Ive another issue moving a group of clips around to a different section of the timeline.Maybe you got a fast and esay soultion for me?As you can see here I selected those clips with "shift" (they got interview original sound, which as to me be audio-track 1)

When I move them to the beging of my timeline, the following thing happens:

The atmo-audio on track A3 stays there and doesnt move with the other clips... synch-locks are turned on, the audio is part of the video-file. Does the extract/splice tool only work on the video/audio tracks selected? 

Are there other ways to do this action, to move this group of clips in front of the other one? Thank you!

• Sat, Sep 15 2018 11:56 PM In reply to

• Martin Fox
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 14 2014
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 198
    • Points 2,090

Re: Shift Clips around

You can also select track 3 (using false edit to define the boundaries), but this is more work. I would option extract the tracks and insert them in the new position. The option key loads the extracted clips into the source side.

so the workflow would be

mark an in at the start of the section to be moved

mark an out at the end

turn on the track lights for your selection

keyboard input would be opt X to extract

place your playhead at the new insert point

insert

iMac Retina27 late 2017 4.5Gz i7 40GB AMD 8GB with Sata Raid OS 10.13.4 MC 2018.3 BMD mini monitor with Eizo monitor [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller