Latest post Thu, Jun 6 2019 8:56 PM by Marianna. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 12 2018 11:22 PM

• midimusic
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2012
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Got Media Composer First But Can't Activate Anything

I just downloaded Media Composer First but whenever I go through the Application Manager it asks for Media Composer's Activation ID. I never got an Activation ID and only have a System ID. Where should I look for the Activation ID?

• Thu, Sep 13 2018 12:08 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,439
    • Points 221,165
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Got Media Composer First But Can't Activate Anything

Midi...

where did you get First?  If you went thru the process at https://www.avid.com/media-composer-first you should have been walked thru a process.  

Did you do that?

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Nov 7 2018 2:43 PM In reply to

Hi Marianna,

I got the same problem. I walked through that process and can't find an activation ID. Wherere can I find it? In 'My Products' there is only a system ID. Please help.

Holger

• Sat, Nov 10 2018 2:21 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,857
    • Points 20,515
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hi Holger,

You don't need activation ID for MC|Firs, after installation all you need is to log in to AppManager and launch MC|First.

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 5 2019 5:03 AM In reply to

• Producifer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 21 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

This is an unbelievably condescending response (which seems to be typical of Avids custopmer service culture, or lack thereof) which is clearly nothing more than deflection because you obviously dont even know the answer yourself. Sorry but iyou cannot answer a question with another question. Marianna OBVIOUSLY The reason he is asking this question is because he doesnt remeber the process or he would know where the location of the file is and hence, prepare to be shocked, NOT HAVE TO ASK THE QUESTION! A typical default path is all he was inquiring about. But instead of recognizing the obvious you chose to word it in such a way that makes it look like HE did something wrong when all he did was follow the prompts when installing the software. A very common tactic by avid support as well as the ever so hilarious "please tell us your system information so we can help you...Which by the way boys and girls simply means we have no idea but still want to sound like we do, After hundreds of troubleshooting debacles NOT ONE had  ANYTHING to do with the system specs or hardware...LILKe any of us go out of our way to invent some crazy new way to install software.I have been stumbling through the cluster effed quagmire of Avid errors for YEARS and it NEVER ceases to AMAZE me  not only how many there are and how frustraing they are to Everyone who was unfortunate enought to embark on the miserable journey of learning protools as their primary DAW, but even more disghusting is Avids Absolute disregard for the satisfaction of their own customers. I dont really feel like paying another 40 dollars to figure why your software is not installing correctly so if you ever solve this isssue im in the exact same boat with media composer 1st so maybe you could throw us a bone and post some possible so;litions on one of the Many unsolved forum threads on this issue THANX...i guess

• Wed, Jun 5 2019 1:50 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,439
    • Points 221,165
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Producifer....   

Condescending... I don't think so at all and your response above is just plain rude.  If you want to be respectful and post for help then I am happy to respond.  If you dont and just want to call me out then I wont.  

After 30 years in this business, I think I am very capable of answering questions that are posed on this forum.  Search here Brandon and you will see that MOST of the time, Raff and I are quite good at keeping our customers happy.

You have an issue Brandon....  email me directly as my email is below.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Jun 6 2019 8:26 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,593
    • Points 46,090
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Wow. I haven't seen a response like that in a long time!! Especially when it's not even from the OP!

As regards to the original question, it looks like midimusic and Holger both may have downloaded and installed Media Composer, and not Media Composer First. That's the only reason I can think of for needing an activation ID.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Thu, Jun 6 2019 8:56 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,439
    • Points 221,165
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

DStone:

Wow. I haven't seen a response like that in a long time!! Especially when it's not even from the OP!

As regards to the original question, it looks like midimusic and Holger both may have downloaded and installed Media Composer, and not Media Composer First. That's the only reason I can think of for needing an activation ID.

Exactly Dave - support resolved their issues off the forum.

Thanks for jumping in....

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller