Latest post Sat, Sep 15 2018 12:09 PM by Pat Horridge. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 5 2018 1:21 AM

4K/UHD frame flex issue

Our final delivery is in 4K flat. Unfortunately we have mixed cameras and sizes. Some true 4K while most is UHD. When I frame flex the linked UHD footage and compare it to the down converted clip in the timeline the AMA looks stretched. Has anyone else had this issue? could it be in the way that we set up the original frame flex?

• Fri, Sep 14 2018 10:47 PM In reply to

• ClintS
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 13 2013
    • Posts 15
    • Points 205

Re: 4K/UHD frame flex issue

Did you apply the frame flex to the clip in it's bin *after* editing it into the timeline?  If so try refreshing your sequence (right click > refresh sequence).

Windows 10; Dual Xeon E5-2690 2.9GHz; 64 GB RAM; GeForce GTX Titan X Pascal Avid MC 8.8.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Sep 15 2018 12:09 PM In reply to

Re: 4K/UHD frame flex issue

Have you set frame flex to something other than stretch? letter box or centre punch. And don't forget to refresh sequence to apply it to pre edited clips.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller