Latest post Mon, Sep 24 2018 2:58 PM by Marianna. 27 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 17 2018 3:26 AM In reply to

• fdooman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • LOS ANGELES
    • Posts 515
    • Points 6,275

Re: License-server seems to be down

Hi Marianna,

As you know I have the same problem with App. man. I download 2018.9 from download center and installed on fresh installed windows 10 with no prior version. Still same problem. This must be server issue.

Frederick

Symphony 6.0 on PC MC 6 on MAC Pro 3.2 GHZ 2008 model, 8 Gig of ram, Nvidia 8800 GT video card. 500 Gig system drive, 320 gig extra drive, Cineraid 2TB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Sep 17 2018 6:37 AM In reply to

• brett
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 17 2010
    • tampa
    • Posts 48
    • Points 650

Mine all of a sudden won't open either..says I don't own Avid..yet it says the subscription is bought...just when I need a 24 hour turn around time too.  My FCP friends make fun of these errors I encounter bi weekly on something silly.

7820x 32GB ram GTX 1070 m.2 a7sII Magic bullet looks > resolve. yep [view my complete system specs]

www.hatfieldproductions.com

• Tue, Sep 18 2018 12:20 AM In reply to

Yep. Us, too. We have a monthly software subscription that won't work. The Application Manager says it cannot read the Licensing Server.

Windows 10 Enterprise - Dell Precision 7810 - 32GB RAM - DNxIO - Nvidia Quadro M5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 18 2018 12:52 AM In reply to

• fdooman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • LOS ANGELES
    • Posts 515
    • Points 6,275

Yep, dongle licence type here, I have done everything in the world, un-install / Install/ clear cache, at the end back to square one. I feel like a beta tester than editor. This is definitely a server or App man issue. All the test I have done pointing that way.

Symphony 6.0 on PC MC 6 on MAC Pro 3.2 GHZ 2008 model, 8 Gig of ram, Nvidia 8800 GT video card. 500 Gig system drive, 320 gig extra drive, Cineraid 2TB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 18 2018 4:01 PM In reply to

I've opened a case, but it's been silence for a while. (Case: 03553122) - Good thing this isn't our only system or we would be "dead in the water" at this point at a crucial time in our production cycle. This is one of four Avids we have. The others are dongled.

Windows 10 Enterprise - Dell Precision 7810 - 32GB RAM - DNxIO - Nvidia Quadro M5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 18 2018 4:03 PM In reply to

...lucky to have a support plan! The technican took over via rescue-app and solved the issue in 2 minutes. I think, he trashed some folders in the AppMan folder. Nothing to reinstall. Now the MC App is in the Apps Folder of AppMan again and I have successfully updated to 2018.9.

Nice work

Armin

Windows 8.1 64bit - RAM 64 GB - GeForce GTX970 - Decklink Mini Monitor 4k [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 18 2018 4:09 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,666
    • Points 18,295
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hi Marc,

I'll ping support to update the case standby.

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 18 2018 4:40 PM In reply to

Issue SOLVED. I had Jaeson with Avid log onto our system and he fixed this in 5 minutes! He said he is going to post the procedure here in this thread. We are back up and running!

• Wed, Sep 19 2018 1:42 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,804
    • Points 212,890
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

If on Win 7-10 and Application Manager says it cannot read the Licensing Server.........

Stop in Task Manager: 
    AvidApplicationManager.exe 
    AvidAppManHelper.exe 

Delete folders in bold (Make sure HIDDEN FOLDERS are shown): 
    C:\ProgramData\Avid\AppManager\Cache 
    C:\ProgramData\Avid\AppManager\Db 
    C:\ProgramData\Avid\Licenses 
    C:\ProgramData\Avid\Common 
    C:\ProgramData\Avid\SWL 

Launch (in this order) 
    C:\Program Files\Avid\Application Manager\ AvidAppManHelper.exe 
    C:\Program Files\Avid\Application Manager\ AvidApplicationManager.exe 

Check to make sure you are using the latest version of the software - AppMan.  You can check it by going to your Application Manager and then go to 'Apps' tab. If you are not using the last version of MC you were eligible to use,  then kindly update your software then after upgrading the software then kindly re-activate the license. 

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Sun, Sep 23 2018 11:20 AM In reply to

Hi everyone,

this solution worked for me for some days. As often mentioned, I have an annual subscription. All my software is up to date. Tomorrow morning wierd messages showed up in the AppMan: The license expiration dates differ in different tabs of the AppMan. In the account tab the expiration date shows 25.09.18 and in the License tab 26.09.18. Also the message: The license renewal was not successful pops up every minute. Today ist the 23th of September! So what is wrong with this application. I want to start a new project on Monday and all I want is working with the software I have paid for.

Thanks for taking care

Armin

Windows 8.1 64bit - RAM 64 GB - GeForce GTX970 - Decklink Mini Monitor 4k [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 23 2018 12:05 PM In reply to

Well, deleting the folders helps of course, but is this the future, deleting this folders ervery week? I hope this issue will be solved soon.

• Mon, Sep 24 2018 6:52 AM In reply to

It smells like  "Groundhog Day". Not every week, but now every morning the same text: The license renewal was not successful...trying to extend your symphony option..., we try later again...

What for me is hard to understand... is this an App issue or a server problem? Are only People in Europe, Germany, Munich affected or is it just a single-fate-issue?

Okay, I know, its not getting better, if a continue whining around, so lets solve this....

• Mon, Sep 24 2018 2:58 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,804
    • Points 212,890
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Armin

Let em get the team on this to see what the heck is up....  

Stand by....

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller