Latest post Wed, Aug 8 2018 1:44 PM by Sion Roberts. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 7 2018 5:45 PM

Best way to locate a clip's bin location from timeline? Or..?

Hi All-

I'm trying to search for a clip who's audio is missing so I can re-add it to the timeline.  We have multiple bins over a huge project with multiple editors.  I did some googling and found this thread which indicates it is a "longstanding feature requests"... the thread is from 2005.  I'm hoping in 13 years they've been able to add it?

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/81700.aspx?PageIndex=2

Barring that... is there a way to locate a clips location in the bins by right clicking it on the timeline? 

Chap

• Tue, Aug 7 2018 7:05 PM In reply to

Re: Best way to locate a clip's bin location from timeline? Or..?

In the timeline, park the blue bar on the clip you want to locate.

Open the Command Palatte from the Tools dropdown menu.

Click "Active Palette"

Select the "other" category.

Press "Match Frame".

Press "Find Bin".

I use this feature so frequently that I have the Match Frame button mapped to the timeline and the Find Bin button mapped to a button on the source side.

MC 8.8.5 Black Magic decklink mini monitor MacPro 2 x 2.93 Quad Core 64GB RAM OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6 Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 4GB ram ATTO R380... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 8 2018 1:44 PM In reply to

• Sion Roberts
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 5 2011
    • Manchester
    • Posts 28
    • Points 370

Re: Best way to locate a clip's bin location from timeline? Or..?

There's a way to do this in one:

Put a 'Find Bin' button onto your timeline window.

Put your play head on the clip you want to trace, make sure the right track is selected, press alt (or the mac equivalent) and hit that button - voila. No need to preload into your source.

HP Z820 Intel Zeon CPU E5-2640 @ 2.50GHz, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro M4000. Windows 10 Pro, Avid Media Composer... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller