Latest post Thu, Aug 2 2018 7:11 PM by RalphC. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 2 2018 3:20 PM

• Bosterm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 2 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25

Publishing Does Not Finish

I recently discovreed MC First, and I'm very excited to try all of its features as a video editor hobbyist.

I've been testing out its features, and I'm having a some difficulty with the publishing process. Any time I publish a sequence, it goes perfectly fine until it seems to get to the end of the process, and then it just freezes. The progress bar is full, but all the text says is "Exporting file: [FILENAME].mov". There is no time left text displayed in the lower left of the progress window.

Hitting "ctr + ." does not cancel. The only way to get it to quit is to use task manager to end task. However, when I check the video export, the video appears to be perfectly fine. It's possible that the last few milliseconds may have been cut off, but I'm not 100% sure of this.

I've tried reinstalling, and I've even installed it on multiple computers that have Windows 10. They all have the same problem.

This is not a major problem since the video is still exported, but it's a pain to have to end the task every time.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any ideas of how to fix it?

OS: Windows 10 Home, Processor: Intel Core i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Cores, 4 Logical Processors, RAM: 16 GB, Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 2 2018 4:43 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,569
    • Points 17,175
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Publishing Does Not Finish

Hello Bosterm,

Start with a short clip maybe less than 10 secs.By the way you Windows 10 Home edition and i5 machine is not qualified for MC|First.

Thanks,

RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 2 2018 6:10 PM In reply to

• Bosterm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 2 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25

Thanks for the info.

I tried with less than 10 seconds, still has the issue.

It could very well be because I'm using the home version of windows, but I'm fairly sure the two laptops I tried it on use pro. I can't confirm that until Monday though. They also have a different processor.

Do you know if there are any plans to support Home in the future?

OS: Windows 10 Home, Processor: Intel Core i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Cores, 4 Logical Processors, RAM: 16 GB, Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 2 2018 7:11 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,569
    • Points 17,175
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

It could very well the i5 processor. Check the MCF systems requirements.

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller