Latest post Fri, Aug 3 2018 5:01 PM by Dale Gagne. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 31 2018 7:26 PM

• Dale Gagne
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 24 2011
    • Toronto, Ontario
    • Posts 117
    • Points 1,215

Nexis Saving issue

Hello,

I have attached images of the 2 systems getting the same error when trying to save to our Nexis shared storage. 4 other users on this storage are running without this error so it has been determine that it is the individual computers. We are curious if anyone has any experience with this error and could point us in the right direction. The iMac machine has been on other shared storage before in other facilities and worked without issue. The Mac Pro system has never been on shared storage before and after installing the NexisClient app has the same error. The other systems on the network that are running fine are another iMac on HS and latest avid. Mac Book Pro running El Capitain and v8 avid, 2 x Mac Pro on HS, running latest avid. All connected through ethernet network. Since this is not our Nexis I don't have much info other than 2 user groups with different permission sets have been established. 1 for Assistants with open read/write pref across all partitions, 1 for Editors with read/write to only main media partitions and their own personal partition.

Images attache for two machines and the error both are getting:

Thanks.

Avid MC 8.9.4, Avid Mojo DX, Mac Pro, Mid 2012, 2x2.4 ghz 6 CORE Intel Xeon, 64GB Ram, SSD Startup, 10.13, ATI Radeon HD 5770, 9TB Internal Storage [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 3 2018 5:01 PM In reply to

• Dale Gagne
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 24 2011
    • Toronto, Ontario
    • Posts 117
    • Points 1,215

Re: Nexis Saving issue

Issue was solved. Apparently using a usb or thunderbolt to ethernet adapter to get your network connectivity rather than using direct ethernet port does the trick. Both are up and running fine now.

Avid MC 8.9.4, Avid Mojo DX, Mac Pro, Mid 2012, 2x2.4 ghz 6 CORE Intel Xeon, 64GB Ram, SSD Startup, 10.13, ATI Radeon HD 5770, 9TB Internal Storage [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller