Latest post Wed, Jul 25 2018 3:58 PM by Bruno M. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 25 2018 10:24 AM

• ajordan92
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 3 2018
    • Posts 3
    • Points 65

Motion Effect Editor Batch?? Possible request.

Hi everyone,

So for a while I wanted to suggest a new feature Avid should work into a future release but just thought i'd run it pass people incase it already exsists or if theres a way round it. 

So as an assistant in a offline edit house we often get footage that has been shot at 50/100/200fps and has usually been transcoded on set by a DIT. Now when we bring that into Avid its obviously slow motion and editors almost always want to see at at the correct speed on first viewing so we spend a good part of an hour or two sitting and clicking through mulitple clips, loading into source monitor and using the motion effect editor to re-speed to normal speed.

Now the feature I am keen to suggest is to be able to BATCH motion effect editor clips. So for example if I had 20 clips, all shot at 100fps I can highlight and batch re-speed them in one go, then do all the 200 stuff e.t.c. Saving hundreds of clicks and hours of time. Just think that it would be super useful and its quite an obvious feature people might need.

Let me know your thoughts!

• Wed, Jul 25 2018 3:58 PM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 600
    • Points 7,580

Re: Motion Effect Editor Batch?? Possible request.

The way I would do this is load all the clips into a sequence, Alt/option lasso (left to right) all the clips, and then double-click on a previously created Timewarp effect. This will apply the speed change to all clips.

Not quite the same as creating media with the speeds baked in, but it would be a lot quicker on linked clips, rather than batch importing.

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 2018.9, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller