Latest post Mon, Jul 16 2018 5:22 PM by cls105. 24 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 12 2018 7:24 PM

Media Composer 2018.7 NOW AVAILABLE - 12 July 2018

Good news! Media Composer 2018.7 has been released today!

Operating System Updates: The following lists the qualified Operating Systems. Depending upon your hardware the qualified Operating Systems are:

• Windows v7 64-bit SP1(Professional) and Windows v8.1 (Professional and Enterprise), Windows v10 64-bit         (Professional, Creators, and Enterprise). 

What’s New:  

• Export to File Options - You can select additional export options from Export to File.
    • 16K Project Presets - The editing application includes 16K project presets.
    • Activating AC3 Separately - You no longer need to activate AC3 separately.
    • Support for Full Frame Stereoscopic with Avid Artist DNxIQ -  Full frame stereoscopic is supported with the Avid Artist DNxIQ.
    • Thin Raster Support with Open I/O Hardware - You can open a thin raster project with an Open I/O device attached.
    • Resizable Composer window - You can freely resize the Composer Monitor.
    • Working with BXF Files - You can edit a BXF sequence, then export it with related essence files.
    • Preview Growing Sequences and Clips while Exporting to DNxHR or DNxHD - You can link to and preview a file that is still being exported (on another system).
    • Exporting XDCAM OP1a Media - XDCAM MXF OP1a export is available in any project type that supports XDCAM.
    • Performing an Insert Edit to an Exported Sequence - The editing application allows you to perform a file-based insert edit to an already exported DNxHD sequence in a 1080i/59.94 project.
    • Support for NewTek® NDI Video over IP - Avid Media Composer now includes support for transmitting NDI streams directly from the application.
    • Live Timeline - You can perform a number of tasks while a sequence plays in the Timeline.
    • Correlation Tracker  - An additional correlation tracker for tracking motion in an image has been included with this release.
    • Support for High Frame Rate Projects (100, 119.88, 120) -  The editing application supports 100, 119.88, and 120 frame rate projects.

What’s Fixed: The following have been fixed:

• Bug Number: MCCET-2137. In some instances, the timecode of the LTC output was shifted by 1-2 frames when playing the Timeline.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2358. You might have received a “SFPlayconsumer Execute Timeout” error when advancing through an Edit While Capture clip.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2383(Mac) In some instances, when opening a bin, a Breakpad window would open and after choosing an option, the editing application would crash.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2516. Linking to a Vantage captured clip resulted in an error.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2521. You could not successfully apply a Trim to Fill Timewarp effect on clips that had a spatial adapter (Frameflex).
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2484. If the Frame Column was selected in the Marker Window, choosing to Print all Markers would not print all markers.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2411. The bin position moved after closing and then reopening the bin.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2207. The editing application would not save Dynamic Relink settings if the target resolution was set to AVC Long GOP.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2357. (Mac) Not all bins were indexed when you performed a search in the Find window.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2463. (Mac) Duplicate AMALogger files might have appeared in a User folder.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2502. A green status was incorrectly displayed after a failed login to MediaCentral.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2432. When working with the SpectraMatte effect, the fixed Aspect check box did not function for the Scaling parameter.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2483. You could not choose the “Optimize EDL” option if your sequence had four or more audio tracks.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2487. Display Handles were not saved in the List tool. 
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2453. You might have received an “Exception WM_SetinputProps_FAILED” error when exporting to Windows Media 5.1.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2479. The Audio Punch-In Tool was not responding to keyboard input.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2460. Dupe Detection was not visible in the Timeline when you toggled to the Source Monitor.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2381. When using a Nitris DX, if you set 3.1 and 4.0 output settings in the Audio Project Settings, the settings changed back to stereo once you opened and closed the project.

Limitations:  

• Bug Number: MCDEV-9460. Windows 7 systems with Nvidia Maxwell or Nvidia Pascal cards might experience playback issues that could result in “Play Consumer timeout” errors.
    • Workaround: Select “Disable GPU Effects” in the Render Settings dialog box.
    • Bug Number: MCDEV-9142. You might experience hangs or crashes when performing a video mixdown with a 16K project on systems with less than 64GB RAM.
    • Bug Number: MCDEV-9329. (Avid Artist DNxIV and DNxIQ) When playing back immediately captured media, the video might freeze after approximately one second but the audio continues. You might need to restart the editing application.
    • Bug Number: MCDEV-9269. (Media Composer | Cloud) After performing a remote download operation on a sequence containing AVC-I 100 remote media, the downloaded media appears as
    • XAVC-I 100. Workaround: Download the entire master clips.
    • Bug Number: (Mac). You may occasionally see the menu bar flash followed by a brief beach ball. To fix this, deactivate “Displays have separate spaces” under System Preferences > Mission
    • Control settings.
    • Bug Number: MCDEV-9011. Intermittently, when working with the XDCAM Nablet Plug-in, you might see “Failed to get the sample position from the AMA Plug-in” errors if you have waveforms enabled in the Timeline.
    • Bug Number: COGS-2560. While working in the Script Window, text operations (cut/copy/paste/delete/editing) can only be done in edit mode. See “Editing a Script” in the Help. Before Installing the Editing Application
    • Bug Number: MCDEV-5650. When working with Panasonic LongG media, you might receive an “SFPlayConsumer Timeout” error if audio waveforms are enabled. Workaround:Turn off audio waveforms.
    • Bug Number: MCDEV-5385. Multicam editing with Panasonic LongG media is not supported with this release.
    • Bug Number: MCDEV-5384. Currently, when working with LongG media, you might see dropped frames when editing 4 streams. This might occur when playing from a single stream to multiple streams (and from multiple streams back to a single stream). The dropped frames usually display around the edit point (transition to a different stream).

How customers will obtain the July Media Composer 2018.7 Update:  

1.  Customers who have already installed the latest version of Media Composer will be notified of the availability of the upgrade via the Application Manager. The Apps tab also provides a link to download and install the update when desired. 

2.  New customers who purchase Media Composer will receive the update in their Avid Master Account.

3.  Customers on current Update plans can download the Media Composer update either from their Avid Master Account or the Avid Download Center (login and password required.) 

4.  Customers NOT on a current Upgrade & Support contract must purchase either a new Media Composer Subscription or Perpetual license to receive this update. 

Reminder: This release of Media Composer requires an active Upgrade plan

Media Composer 2018.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Jul 12 2018 7:54 PM In reply to

Re: Media Composer 2018.7 NOW AVAILABLE - 12 July 2018

A few things I noticed: the download page says the application was posted on July 9th, not July 12th. That looks like an error. -- Also, we are instructed to upgrade our DNxIO Desktop Video to version 10.10.1 but that is NOT available yet. So, we cannot upgrade until both software packages are available. And downloading the installer keeps stalling, so I am not able to download.

Windows 10 Enterprise - Dell Precision 7810 - 32GB RAM - DNxIO - Nvidia Quadro M5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 12 2018 9:13 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,368
    • Points 207,400
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hey marc

I asked that Dan change the date - but that date was when it was originally staged for tetsing.  Officaly release date is July 12, 2018.

BMD was being done as you tyrped... Desktop Video 10.10.1 is now live on the Download Center

:)

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Thu, Jul 12 2018 9:21 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,550
    • Points 59,460

Fusion Connect is broken in this release. I'll create a separate posting.

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 18.7 | QT 7.7.9 | BCC 11 | Sapphire 11 | Mocha Pro 5.6 | Titler Pro 6 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | System: P6X58D... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Fri, Jul 13 2018 1:17 AM In reply to

HELP!!!!

My 'support' period ended on July 5, so I am unable to take advantage of the 'new features' that come with the '2018.7' version.

However, on searching for the link to the 'patch file' which will fix the eighteen bugs from the previous version i.e. 2018.5, I cannot find any reference to such a 'patch' file either in my account page or, indeed, this forum.

I know that there must be such a file because bug-fixes - as opposed to 'new features' - are not upgrades i.e. they repair faults in a specific iteration of a product that was purchased within a period of paid-warranty (akin to a motor-vehicle warranty).

The link to the bug-fix patch has probably been staring me in the face but I just can't seem to find it.

Cheers.

• Fri, Jul 13 2018 4:02 AM In reply to

• Marty McLean
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 16 2016
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 40
    • Points 400

The Wizard of Ounce:
    HELP!!!!

My 'support' period ended on July 5, so I am unable to take advantage of the 'new features' that come with the '2018.7' version.

However, on searching for the link to the 'patch file' which will fix the eighteen bugs from the previous version i.e. 2018.5, I cannot find any reference to such a 'patch' file either in my account page or, indeed, this forum.

I know that there must be such a file because bug-fixes - as opposed to 'new features' - are not upgrades i.e. they repair faults in a specific iteration of a product that was purchased within a period of paid-warranty (akin to a motor-vehicle warranty).

The link to the bug-fix patch has probably been staring me in the face but I just can't seem to find it.

Cheers.

An Avid Support contract entitles you to one year of support and updates. Media Composer 2018.7 is an update, therefore you need a Support contract (if you own Media Composer) or subscription (if you rent Media Composer).

After your Support contract ends, you still own the Media Composer software you bought, you just cease to receive support and updates. You're still within the thirty day grace period, so you can renew your Support contract for a reduced price instead of purchasing a new one for full price.

2014 MacBook Pro with macOS 10.13.6 | Avid 2018.5 with PhraseFind + ScriptSync | 2.5GHz i7 | 16GB | 2GB GT 750M [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 13 2018 9:05 AM In reply to

• Freddy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 5 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 252
    • Points 3,005
    • Avid Employee

This has also been fixed since Media Composer 2018.5:

* Bug Number: MCCET-2472. In some instances, you might have received a “FatalExcpt Exception: std::exception” error when double-clicking the Dynamic Relink Settings.
    * Bug Number: MCCET-2476. Changing clip metadata in a Synced project might have resulted in an access violation.
    * Bug Number: MCCET-2336. In some instances, XDCAM HD 35 media displayed as if it had 12:9 aspect ratio in a 1920x1080 project format.
    * Bug Number: MCCET-2369. You could not navigate inside shared network shortcut folders from the Source Browser.
    * Bug Number: MCCET-2401. The center duration display was incorrect for UHD 50P projects with a 25 edit timebase.
    * Bug Number: MCCET-2470. You might have received an “AMA_Exporter Failed to finish write volume” error when Exporting an AS02 bundle over 4.2GB in file size.
    * Bug Number: MCCET-2469. (Windows) You might have received an “Exception: Export Volume Dialog” error when clicking on the AS02 Volume Properties button.
    * Bug Number: MCCET-1995. When linking to clips within an AMA volume folder structure, the drive might have been grayed out in the Media Creation settings if you tried to link to any of the individual mxf files in the volume subfolder.
    * Bug Number: MCCET-2389. The Black Marker appeared as gray in the Command Palette More tab. The Black Marker now appears as black in the Command Palette. If your User Interface is set to a darker interface, the Black Marker icon appears with a white border in the Command Palette.
    * Bug Number: MCCET-2441. The editing application would hang when linking to some MP4 media.
    * Bug Number: MCCET-2475. Intermittently, the editing application would crash when you were quickly editing, trimming, slipping, and selecting trim points.
    * Bug Number: MCCET-2380. Once you closed out the Color Correction window and opened it again to make changes; the changes did not apply.
    * Bug Number: MCCET-2419. All duplicate frames from the same master clip had the same color, regardless of them being the same frame or not.
    * Bug Number: MCCET-2448. In some instances, since the release of Media Composer v8.10, you might have had trouble logging into your Avid Interplay environment.
        With this release, the option “Legacy Production Management Host” has been added to the MediaCentral Server setting dialog. When this option is enabled, the hostname in the setting and the login user interface will be treated as a classic Interplay engine, not a MediaCentral engine.
        • Only check this option if you are unable to login to your Interplay engine, and you do not have MediaCentral. If you have MediaCentral, you should login to the MediaCentral host.
        • If you later upgrade to MediaCentral, you may still login to the Interplay engine with this checkbox enabled, but you will not see the MediaCentral Cloud UX panel. If you try to login to the MediaCentral engine with this checkbox enabled, you will receive an error. So, after upgrading to MediaCentral uncheck this checkbox, and login to the MediaCentral engine.
    * Bug Number: MCCET-2360. Using the Ctrl key with the splice-in button on the Smart Tool to drag and drop from the Source monitor to the Timeline did not snap correctly unless Wireframe Dragging was enabled in the Timeline Settings.
    * Bug Number: MCCET-2359. The lasso did not consistently appear when using Ctrl+M and Ctrl+J to zoom in and out in the Timeline.
    * Bug Number: MCCET-2423. In some instances, you received errors when trying to import some Canon XC15 media files.
    * Bug Number: MCCET-2417. In some instances, even when the “Copy Source Markers” option was deselected in the Composer Settings Edit tab, markers were included when you dropped the source clip into the Timeline.
    * Bug Number: MCDEV-9138. You could not open multiple bins at the same time from the Finder/Desktop.
    * Bug Number: MCCET-2378. You might have seen artifacts when playing back linked Sony AVC-Intra MXF media.
    * Bug Number: DAMAN-2530. A transcode message was outdated. In previous releases, a transcode message indicated you could not relink to transcoded clips. Relink is supported when you are linking to like frame rates, for example: 23, 29, 59 are like frame rates, 25 and 50 are like frame rates, and 24, 30 and 60 are like frame rates.
        • Re-linkable NTSC formats/frame rates (regardless of raster):
          - 23.976p, 29.97p, 59.94i, 59.94p
          - 24p, 30i, 30p, 60p
        • Re-linkable PAL formats (regardless of raster):
          - 25i, 25p, 50i, 50p
        The new transcode message correctly indicates you cannot batch capture or batch import the new transcoded clips.

http://www.freddylinks.com <-- Find EVERYTHING Avid and Tutorials there. Probably the most comprehensive Avid only webpage with over 2000+ Links to Avid Video Tutorials and Avid Information for Media Composer, NewsCutter, Symphony, Interplay, ISIS, Unity MediaNetwork, ProTools, Avid Artist Series. Completely free of fees, registrations, and ads.

• Fri, Jul 13 2018 10:19 AM In reply to

• Leo Baker
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 5 2011
    • London
    • Posts 281
    • Points 3,450

2018.5 Avid Media Composer Application manager upgrade to 2018.7 full of bugs non useable! Windows 10. Launched Media Composer 2018.7 Got slow lagging with a new and existing project and new user settings. AMPI subsystem error. On re-start of the computer and re-launch of Media Compsoer 2018.7 got the same slow lagging interface then Avid media Composer just shut down no error message. Seems every version has huge bugs and problems.

Avid Media Composer 8.6.3 Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit Computer: HP Z800 DUAL QUAD XEON X5667 3.07GHZ 96GB 3 X 450GB SAS96Gb system Ram Graphics: Nvidia Quadro... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 13 2018 1:28 PM In reply to

Maybe the ReadMe can be updated. I wondered about all the fixes with the unreleased 2018.6.

Windows 10 Enterprise - Dell Precision 7810 - 32GB RAM - DNxIO - Nvidia Quadro M5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 13 2018 1:29 PM In reply to

Thank you Marianna. You are always on top of things. -- I still CANNOT download 2018.7 from the Download Center. I've tried 3 different computers in two different buildings. The download stalls and fails every single time. Can someone check the link and the server it is hosted on? Something is amiss. We have super-fast download speeds here, but cannot seem to get a stable download file and I don't trust Application Manager any more. Thanks.

UPDATE: It appears to be on our end with not being able to download large files. I am in contact with our IT department. Sorry, Avid...it wasn't you, it was me. :)

• Fri, Jul 13 2018 1:47 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,368
    • Points 207,400
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

The Wizard of Ounce:

HELP!!!!

Cheers.

You get a 30 day grace period with a upgrade plan so if you techically ended on July 5th then you shoud have 30 more days. I sent you an email so please respond to that email and I can assist.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Fri, Jul 13 2018 1:49 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,368
    • Points 207,400
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Marty McLean:

An Avid Support contract entitles you to one year of support and updates. Media Composer 2018.7 is an update, therefore you need a Support contract (if you own Media Composer) or subscription (if you rent Media Composer).

After your Support contract ends, you still own the Media Composer software you bought, you just cease to receive support and updates. You're still within the thirty day grace period, so you can renew your Support contract for a reduced price instead of purchasing a new one for full price.

Marty is spot on..... you can renew the original plan if you are still within the 30 day window or if you are not and it did expire, then you can crossgrade to a subscription and get the upgrade that way.

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Fri, Jul 13 2018 2:30 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,368
    • Points 207,400
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Leo Baker:

2018.5 Avid Media Composer Application manager upgrade to 2018.7 full of bugs non useable! Windows 10. Launched Media Composer 2018.7 Got slow lagging with a new and existing project and new user settings. AMPI subsystem error. On re-start of the computer and re-launch of Media Compsoer 2018.7 got the same slow lagging interface then Avid media Composer just shut down no error message. Seems every version has huge bugs and problems.

Leo... Obviously something is amuck here...  tens of thousands are using Win 10...  

Give this a look see and report back.   

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/error_message/en377091

No luck then I can get a tech on this Leo

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Fri, Jul 13 2018 6:25 PM In reply to

• cls105
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • los angeles
    • Posts 251
    • Points 3,400

What is the best version of windows 10 for this?

I am currently windows 1703.  But then again, windows has done some updates.

I feel like it should be easier to find exactly which version of windows (the 4 digit code number) is the most compatible.

On the readme avid says Windows v10 64-bit (Professional, Creators, and Enterprise).  It doesnt make sense that a version of windows is between 2 editions.

2 computers. diy win10 7820x and 8700k that both work flawlessly with intensity cards. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 13 2018 8:04 PM In reply to

I do not know whose error this is, there is a problem after the update with the plugin Nugen VisLM2 , it's exactly the same mistake with the plugin Youlean Loundess Meter 2 beta .

Recorded video from the screen below:

https://youtu.be/SWDiMTyUTaQ

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller