Latest post Thu, Jul 12 2018 8:50 AM by Julian. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 9 2018 3:27 PM

• Julian
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 14 2018
    • South Africa
    • Posts 9
    • Points 95

Colour Correction correcting wrong clip

Hi

In Colour Correction Mode the if I am on a clip and make some adjustments works fine for the most part.  Sometimes when I make adjustments it applies the adjustment to the previously corrected clip and does not update the viewport till I move my TCI onto the adjusted clip.

Version: Media Composer 2018.5

To recreate the issue:

1.     Correct a clip (clip 1)

2.     Move TCI to next clip (clip 2)

3.     Make an adjustment

4.     Move to previous clip make no adjustment

5.     Move back to 2nd clip make an adjustment - say black level to -255 (nothing happens to current clip)

6.     (it has made the adjustment to the first clip although the TCI is on clip 2)

7.     Move TCI to clip 1 - Viewport now updates but black level slider does not reflect this change on clip 1 as the slider that was changed was on the other clip.

The clips do not have to be adjacent either. the media on the timeline is a 30min long multicam group clip with 2 cameras

I haven’t managed to find out under what circumstances this is happening.

Avid MC 2018; AMD Treadripper 1950x; Asus Zenith Extreem; msi gtx970; 32gig Gskill trident 3200mhz; EVO 960 250 sys drive; ibm 5014 raid0 with 3x3tb WD... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 11 2018 10:10 AM In reply to

• Julian
    • Not Ranked
    • South Africa
    • Posts 9
    • Points 95

Re: Colour Correction correcting wrong clip

Hi

This is just an update to my issue and some further problem solving I have tried.

This happens when the effects editor is left open in colour correction mode when selecting clips in the timeline.

If I close the effects editor and re-open it every time I make a correction the issue does not exist.

It also only exists on MC 2018.5 standard edition I have tested it on the ultimate edition and it works fine.

To recreate the issue:

1.       On new sequence place 2 clips

2.       Open colour correction mode

3.       Open effects editor

4.       Correct clip 1

5.       Move TCI to clip 2

6.       Make an adjustment

7.       Move TCI to clip 1, make no adjustment

8.       Move back to clip 2, make an adjustment - say black level to -255 (nothing happens to current clip)

9.       Move TCI to clip 1, the Composer window now shows the correction made on clip 2 on clip 1 but without the colour correction controls indicating the change.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour?

Avid MC 2018; AMD Treadripper 1950x; Asus Zenith Extreem; msi gtx970; 32gig Gskill trident 3200mhz; EVO 960 250 sys drive; ibm 5014 raid0 with 3x3tb WD... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 12 2018 5:54 AM In reply to

• Gretski
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 166
    • Points 2,225

Yes this has been around for a long time.   It can be confusing!

In effect mode it is possible to select and highlight a clip in the timeline.

If you are in colour correction mode AND effect mode AND you have a clip selected, your colour correction will affect the highlighted clip, not the one where the blue play line is sitting.

The solution, as you say, is to come out of effect mode.

Maybe Avid could prevent effect mode being active at the same time as colour correction?

Asus X299, i7 7820, Nvidia 2000M 32GB ram, NVME SSD 8.9.1 ( yes its very fast!) [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 12 2018 8:50 AM In reply to

• Julian
    • Not Ranked
    • South Africa
    • Posts 9
    • Points 95

I normally correct with the effects editor open, guess this needs to change.  I have messed up some colour grades on clips unintentionally.

I will open a support ticket as this is not on the list of known issues in the release notes.

Thanks for the clarification.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller