Latest post Tue, Jul 17 2018 7:33 PM by ematteso. 16 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 11 2018 1:42 AM In reply to

Re: Multigrouping Avid 2018 without Pluraleyes

Glad you got it working! Good luck with your project.

Just for the record, did you ever re-try the MC wavefprm analysis Grouping tool using the same media elements that worked sucessfully in Premiere?

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 17 2018 7:33 PM In reply to

• ematteso
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, May 14 2018
    • Posts 10
    • Points 130

Re: Multigrouping Avid 2018 without Pluraleyes

Thanks! And yes, unfortunately the multigrouping by waveworm in Avid couldn't handle it. It would work on chunks at a time if I only did 15 minutes or so. I will say that just plain grouping by waveform has been fairly accurate. 

Ultimately I did realize that I could bring all these clips into Premiere and then use Pluraleyes 4 to sync in a timeline.

Then you have the option of exporting each video track as a solid camera clip and then grouping in Avid by in points. OR you could export an AAF (because for some reason my AAF from Premiere > Avid DOES work) and assign auxiliary time code to the subclips (or use groupitforme.com to do it automatically).

I guess it boils down to how much time/money/human error/metadata stripping you want to deal with. Exporting solid camera clips has been the most efficient for editing, but I don't know how it's going to affect the online down the road. But I've saved myself a ton of time and human error with that method. 

Overall I think Avid has a lot of work to do in the multicam world. 

Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller