Latest post Wed, Aug 1 2018 8:04 PM by apmende. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 28 2018 6:56 PM

• apmende
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 30
    • Points 500

GROUPED CLIPS - Not showing Duration

Avid Media 6.5.4

OSX 10.7.5

I have a Multi grouped clip that when I mark an "In" to "Out" on any channel, it will not give me a duration.  It is not until I cut that group into a sequence that I can actually see a duration.  Is this a glitch?  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Filed under: ,
  • Thu, Jun 28 2018 10:09 PM In reply to

Re: GROUPED CLIPS - Not showing Duration

Where are you hoping to see the duration? In the bin, or in the Center Duration window? For the latter, you need to have an active track selected in the ( top of the two) timecode windows above the source monitor.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 28 2018 10:51 PM In reply to

• apmende
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 30
    • Points 500

The center duration Video in-between the source and record monitors.  I have an in and out marked and I know the grouped clip is more than an hour and it's telling me -13:24 (13 mins 24 secs).

• Fri, Jun 29 2018 5:53 AM In reply to

So, which timecode is selected in the top TC window above the Source Monitor? Because that is where Center Duration takes its directions from.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 29 2018 8:55 PM In reply to

• apmende
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 30
    • Points 500

They are all on V1 TC in the above display windown but I also put it to AUX TC because the AE's group with that and still nothing.

• Fri, Jun 29 2018 11:19 PM In reply to

• NinaLu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 12 2013
    • Posts 28
    • Points 320

My guess would be that your V1 track is shorter than others either at the head or tail (or both) so it can't read timecode at one end or both ends due to it being non-existant.

Can you toggle to a track that spans the entirety of the clip and see if that shows a duration? Usually one of the audio tracks is long enough as they tend to run longer on both ends than picture.

• Wed, Aug 1 2018 8:04 PM In reply to

• apmende
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 30
    • Points 500

I did that and it still wasn't showing the duration.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller