Latest post Thu, Jul 5 2018 3:56 PM by Kevin Klimek. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 26 2018 7:33 PM

• NinaLu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 12 2013
    • Posts 28
    • Points 320

Reverse Match Frame Not Working

On my system, when matching from the edit to source it gets the wrong frame, around a second off, and if I do it again right away without moving to another frame, it picks a different frame rather than give me the error beep. Then if I keep doing it it jumps back and forth between the two incorrect frames it has decided it should match to.

It is not working at all now to match from source to record. It used to do the incorrect match. Not sure why that changed.

I'm using autosynced clips. If I match back to the master it still doesn't work from source to record but does match correctly from record to source, but that doesn't help at all, since I'm going between two versions of an edit.

This is a HUGE issue for editing if you are used to it, particularly when working with a director/prducer in the room.

This worked correctly in 8.9.1, can't speak to the versions in between. Is it known which version introduced this bug?

This is a fresh install of 8.9.4, with newly created user settings, OS X El Capitan.

What's the outlook for a patch to fix this in 8.9.4? I found a thread in the PC forum from January with no solution.

Thanks!

• Fri, Jun 29 2018 9:50 PM In reply to

• NinaLu
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 28
    • Points 320

Re: Reverse Match Frame Not Working

Any thoughts or solutions on this?

• Mon, Jul 2 2018 2:15 PM In reply to

I can't test this as I am using the more current versions of MC, which doesn't have this issue.

There won't be plans to patch old software...the new framework is to keep current with the releases as they come.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Wed, Jul 4 2018 1:02 AM In reply to

• NinaLu
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 28
    • Points 320

Thanks for your reply.

So those of us whose support/updates end at 8.9.4 are left with a broken product? That doesn't seem right.

• Thu, Jul 5 2018 3:56 PM In reply to

Well, to be fair, I don't know if any piece of software that doesn't have SOME bugs in it. It's the nature of the beast these days.

If you choose not to stay current, you may have to live with the status of the software when you end your support. Avid isn't the only one who does it...Adobe, Microsoft, Apple...everyone has to draw the line somewhere. Avid is trying to speed up development and improvements to their software and one way to do that is to focus on a single base of code and not support multiple versions at the same time.

If this bug is a major one for you, you may need to a) reconsider not upgrading to the current version) or b) roll back to a previous version where it wasn't an issue. At some point the OS or a camera format you need to use may force your hand anyway.

Sorry it's not a great answer, but it is the world we live in these days.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller