Latest post Thu, Jun 21 2018 5:50 PM by cable. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 20 2018 11:55 PM

• cable
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, May 27 2007
    • Pacific NW
    • Posts 379
    • Points 4,880

issue with redundant SDA controller

Greetings, 

This is really a support issue but I've been waiting 7 hours for a call back so I'll try here.  I purchased an additional E4 120TB and an SDA with a redundant controller. I decided I'd get these up and running before adding my other E4's. I got the SDA up and running and then per the documentation added the redundant SDA controller. After logging into the management agent port on the second controller I saw that it updated properly and all settings copied over from the contoller in slot 0. I then added the new E4 120TB chassis. The media packs binded no problem. My issue is, the second controller in the SDA labels it's Type as a Storage Engine in the Management Console -> Storage -> Engines. The other SDA controllers's Type is SDA. The second SDA controller's status is 'Fan missing or failed'. I belive this is because it thinks it's a Storage Engine which has more fans than the SDA engine. The primary SDA's status is 'Storage Controller is missing'.   Again, when logging into the Management agent port on the second controller everything looks correct and there are no errors. 

I have two other Nexis systems up and running but without the redundant controller so they are not truly useful as a reference. 

I'm running Nexis 18.5.0.3 on this system.

Thank so much for any suggestions.

-Cablet

20 x Media Composer 8.6.5 Mac Pros 32MB RAM OSX 10.11.6 AJA and Nitris DX hardware Avid Nexis Enterprise [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 21 2018 5:50 PM In reply to

• cable
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, May 27 2007
    • Pacific NW
    • Posts 379
    • Points 4,880

Re: issue with redundant SDA controller

Case closed. Used an older Mac OS to log in to the management console and errors just vanished. working fine. Weird. 

-Cablet

20 x Media Composer 8.6.5 Mac Pros 32MB RAM OSX 10.11.6 AJA and Nitris DX hardware Avid Nexis Enterprise [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller